1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Best Whiskey

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by drillsarge, Mar 30, 2008.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

jack on the rocks!!!!!!:)
  2. big_jake57

big_jake57 Active Member

YOUKON Jack ?? LOL There's some good stuff on the rocks! I guess it's a Liquour, but damn, it's good !

I once got incredibly stupid on Jack Daniels, and haven't had a taste for it since, and that was 22 years ago! I try it again every now and then, but it still don't work. Maybe I should try it again. Sounds like a mission. Guess I'll stop at the local gin palace tomorrow after work and experiment!
    Dammit Chuck, now see what ya done!:gah:
  3. drillsarge

drillsarge Active Member

One thing is for certain( JMO) a good drink whether it's bourbon, scotch or cognac is damn good by itself no mixer or chaser:D
  4. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

If you need a professional opinon on which one is the best, Fire the pit up and invite me over and I will sit down with you and test whatever kind of whiskey you have and give you a honest opinion to you.
    I believe when I leave you will know if it was good or not.
  5. SK

SK New Member

I've really come to love bourbon over the years. My dad was an Early Times guy..great whiskey for the money. Maker's Mark has been my favorite..better than Knob Creek and a little cheaper too, though I've been going through a few bottles of Woodford Reserve and really love it. Straight on the rocks, or with sweet vermouth to make a Manhatten..doesn't matter to me. What's funny is, the couple of bar books I have show Manhatten's made with Canadian whiskey. I thought Manhatten was in America. Though..the Canadian's sure know how to make a good whiskey (gotta have something to keep ya warm in the winter).

Irish whiskey is now the fastest growing whiskey on the market the past year or two. A little sweeter than bourbon with just as many varied varieties. Jameson is the most popular sold in the US, but I think Bushmills is pretty damn good. I saw a bottle of Bushmills 16 year old reserve going for $70 at the liquor store the other day. Would sure like to know what that tastes like.

Hey Red..if I see ya in Virginia City this September, I'll make sure to have some good whiskey to go along with a cigar..they go hand in hand with each other.
  6. mwestman

mwestman New Member

Whiskey's too broad a term

Just another guy's opinion...ya gotta narrow down the search!

Scotch: Lagavullin (get your wallet out)
    Bourbon: Makers Mark
    Sippin Whiskey: George Dickel
    Best all around taste and easy on the bucks...a Canadian Whiskey called Forty Creek!!! Try it if you can find it...super smooth.

I'll take a beer with my crawfish though!!!!
  7. SkyKing

SkyKing New Member

Reading about all this whiskey is making me mighty thirsty!:)

I once drank Scotch almost exclusively, and I love the variety of single malts.
    Then for a while I drank nothing but dark rums. I've got a pretty good collection in the cabinet, but I don't drink them much anymore. Like a good Brandy on occassion, usually there are cigars involved.

Friday is Martini and steak night for my wife and me and anyone else that happens to be around.;)

But...my true love these days is good american bourbon. I have a bottle of Maker's Mark and a bottle of Knob Creek in the cabinet. There will probably be one tonight.:D

Don't like Vodka. Rarely drink TeKillya. Did I miss anything??:roflmao:
  8. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

ezra
    lord calvert
    makers
    ten high
  9. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

on the rocks

Yeah it now goes bud,jack on the rocks.... or some places got this fancy looking strainer thing they put ice in and then dump my shot throught it and call it chilled. I'll tell ya one more thing last winter we went for a cold ride around town and I had no voiceand all phylem, so on one of the stops I asked the bar maid for honey and /jack daniels. no honey, so I got the brilliant idea to warm up a double shot in the microwave. After a bit of hesitation she stuck in the there for aobut 12 seconds. Not good enough had her put it back in for 12 more. Ok so the glass was a bit warm...the finger went into to the gllass to check the temp...good to go..I tipped that double shot and before I could even get it to my mouth the heat/steam fumes got into my eyes and stung like..well real bad.....I could not stop the stinging/watering for a bit..but as soon as I could see and stopped laughing and getting laughed at, I downed it and whammo...I could talk a little bit better...that is a true so true story.... I love that stuff..:D :cool: Gonna look into these other brands though for a taste comparison test...or something like that.....I just sit on the back fenced patio with a cigar and do maybe two shots and just think about the ride. Cigars are another choice favorite thing.
    Mmmmmm..... ok so it is like thirty here.... I am heading for the patio.
  10. Killer-B

Killer-B New Member

George, Jack or Jim. In that order.
  11. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Well, I have certainly had my share of Yukon jack back aways.....whew, it's hard to remember those days. I don't drink now.....you know the saying "instant a**hole, just add alcohol".....BUT, I have enjoyed the Yukon jack, Tequila, and it's gonna make you guys cringe but I have a nice bottle of Knob creek in the cabinet that I occasionally COOK with!! :gah: :wtf: I know the horror, right?? But if I want to stay married and not get my a** kicked at the local gin mill, I stick with water or plain coca-cola....:rolleyes:
  12. drillsarge

drillsarge Active Member

nothing wrong with using alcohol to cook with good bourbon makes a hellified glaze on grilled chicken:cool:
  13. Ultra Al

Ultra Al New Member

Before my liver went south I was a Turkey man always did prefer it over Jack. AL
  14. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

yeah, but you're supposed to use the CHEAP stuff to cook with not the expensive stuff! :roflmao:
  15. Flash 44

Flash 44 New Member

Turkey man here too. But I like the Crown and Makers Mark.
  16. buck

buck New Member

JD for me, but I'm gettin' to like those Irish whiskeys more and more......

wow........2 posts in 2 1/2 years.....what a post whore, eh?
  17. bikerputz

bikerputz New Member

Well we know what posts will get you back!!:D
  18. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Ya I like all of those in the freezer too. :drunk:
  19. JohnnyReb

JohnnyReb New Member

Believe it or not, Military Special is a brand the Class VI sells. It's not bad at all, in fact, I'm tippin' it mixed with coke as I write. The light and dark rums under the same brand are good, too, as is the vodka. Can't beat the price on any of 'em, as the average is $6.50 each.

Salud!