1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Big Blue Bike Lift....Lift Threads Question

Discussion in 'Projects' started by NeilP, Mar 9, 2010.

1. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

I would be the manufacture of the rod would be able to give you
    good advice on what thread pattern to use..
  2. NeilP

NeilP Active Member

Manufacturer of the rod yes, Manufacturer of the bike lift NO. have already tried :(
  3. Robert M

Robert M New Member

Hi Neil,
    We just built a semi chicken trailer that uses actuators to raise & lower the roof. They use a 5\8 acme tread rod which has a working load of 1200 lbs. This is what I'm using on the lift I'm building. Best place I found to get the rod & nuts was at "Wholesale Tool Company", wttool.com. I just tacked together what I've made (so far) yesterday.
    Hope this helps, Rob
  4. NeilP

NeilP Active Member

OK, thanks for the link.

I have had no joy in finding anythin ghere n Jersey locally...but always difficult on a small island.

I have put the whole thing on the back burner for the moment...I ripped the gearbox apart last year in the Landrover, so rebuilding that is the current project.

Did you have apart number from their site for the exact stuff you used? I am guessing 4024-0130

I'll see what sort of price they do to send to me, otherwise I'll get them to send some to my cousins cattle farm outside Toronto...I am planning to holiday there in the next year or so, and can pick it up there

Cheers

Neil
  5. quietone

quietone Active Member

Has anyone ever tried the maxjak lift? You can see it at maxjaxlift.com. Says its good for 6ooo lbs and works for cars, trucks, and motorcycles, and you can put it away when your done to have your shop floor back to use for other stuff. Looks kind of neat and runs on 110v if you want.
  6. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

havent seen that one yet , I do like chucktx table just drive on & work from all sides :cool: & planty of room for the coffee cup or cold one & your tools :D