1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Big city thunder baffles

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by cowboy, Jun 30, 2007.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

question::::: two posts before this one you said that the closer to the front, the better......now im confused:confused: :confused: of course it doesnt take much to get me that way!!!!:D
  2. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

I think what he was saying is that the baffle itself should mount toward the front, while the washer side of the baffle should face the back.
  3. ringo912

ringo912 Active Member

Thanks for all the input....I ordered a set we'll see how they work out. I'll keep everyone posted.:D
  4. ringo912

ringo912 Active Member

Well I got em in. I put them 6" in from the end of the muffler. Definately a improvement on performance. Not sure I like the sound. Seems to have a underwater tubey sound to them. Very loud and a lot of blatty reverberation when changing gears and on down throttle.

So keep you eyes open, I might be having a half price sale.
  5. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

One thing you can try is moving them to different positions inside the pipe, or flip then backward. They will sound different in different locations, and vary from exhaust to exhaust.
  6. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

ringo, I got the one's that go into the end of the header pipe , then slip the muffler on , My mufflers are hollow , & I have a good sound, kinda deep sound I also get a lot of complament's on the sound
    :cool:
  7. mblndl

mblndl New Member

BCT Baffles

I put a set of BCT Baffles in my 05 Wide Glide with V&H Big Shots Staggered and I love them. I wasn't happy with the sound of the stock baffles and performance was horrible with the baffles out. Now it runs great, has awesome torque and definitely has a unique sound. They are kinda loud but that's the way I like it. I will definitely buy them again.