1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Big Scare this week

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by N2Hunting, Aug 6, 2012.

1. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

Yeah,stir fry in olive oil.
  2. N2Hunting

N2Hunting New Member

OH YEA!!! Pizza Rules!!! :D I use to consume a Pizza Hut "BIG FOOT" by myself when I was younger and worked out everyday by myself. But now it is one pizza on the weekend split with my wife. Pizza has the four major food groups. And I have informed the doctor that I will give up anything but pizza.:banghead:
    I do not eat a lot of sweets... never had a big sweet tooth.:puke: And I do not eat constantly. But when it is time to eat especially buffets… Lead or Follow but get the hell out of the way.:p
    I am 6’-1” and was 300 lbs. I am now down to 280, working towards 220. That was my comfort range when I was in the Navy and also a power lifter. I am going to start weight training again, but not to the extent of when I was younger.
    I plan on changing my life style to the point that I am going to watch what I eat and exercise more. But I will still do what I want. If I am going to blow a seal… then It will be ether on a my bike, on a tree stand or on my wife.
    :roflmao:
  3. charlie46

Go for it.
  4. N2Hunting

N2Hunting New Member

I was told to eat a table spoon of peanut butter before going to bed. Your body will burn calories during the night because of the protein in peanut butter. I have tried this... and the only draw back to doing it is I recommend eating the peanut butter about a half hour before bed. It really sucks trying to brush your teeth with peanut butter still stuck to the roof of your mouth. :p
  5. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

ya My Doc said I needed to stop red meat , I looked at him & said I'll just cook it longer , he looked suprized when I said that he said some stuff & i flat told him I was not giving up my beef
  6. N2Hunting

N2Hunting New Member

Stop Red Meat!!! That is plan crazy!!! :cussing: People have gone to war for less :fight:
  7. charlie46

:cussing:
    You need a new Dr.
  8. MountainCruiser

MountainCruiser Well-Known Member

Breakfast: coffee, lots of cream and some sugar, sausage, egg, cheese bisquit

Lunch: Anything

Supper: Red Neck Bud and Pizza, alternated 3 days on and 4 off with Red Neck Bud and chicken Wings

Desserts: Mostly home made pies and cakes :cool:
  9. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Classic southern cuisine MC, but yer headin' for a heart attack down the road.
    breakfast: (when I'm being good) bowl of shredded wheat with blue berries and rice milk. Black coffee.
    Lunch: black bean & rice soup. Salad.
    supper: pasta with steamed broccoli & cauliflower.
    In between meals: apples, oranges, nuts, etc. ;)
    I'll be 69 in a couple months and weigh 135 and can kick start my bike with no trouble. So far, I don't take any meds and have had no surgeries. So far . . .
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  10. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I already have one :D, as for eating all the so called right foods na ain't happing , I do eat some what healthy I don't eat a lot if any junk food , fast food is sub way , & the things i take drugs for are hereditary ,i i was the last one of all my sibling to get them so younger & older first (I'am #4 of 8)
  11. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

I had a doc who was little more than a drug company pill pusher. He had a pill for everything. LOL. When I tried to tell him I was trying to eat better because I believed that diet played a major roll in preventing disease, his eyes glazed over. He ain't my dr. any more.
  12. MountainCruiser

Actually, not the case. Been working out 5 days a week for over 25 years. Last physical , doctor said heart was like I was many years younger. Eat what I want, don't over eat.
  13. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Why bother going to a DR then. Red meat put me in the Hospital with a major heart attack and had to have a 5 by-pass surgery in Feb 2008. Red meat plugged up the vines. I eat it occasionally but not as a steady diet, crap beef is what gave me food Poisening on Monday night. I now eat a lot of Turkey and Chicken. What I never eat anymore are hamburgers at fast food places. Heck I don't eat a hamburger much at all anymore. Now if I could get my weight close to Josh's.
  14. N2Hunting

N2Hunting New Member

Deer!!! Lots and lots of deer. :D I put 3-4 deer a season in my freezer. Mama and I live off it. Better for you than chicken, turkey. Shot it-gut it-cook it.
    Deer Chili... now that's livin' :p
  15. MountainCruiser

Now you're talking... when my oldest daughter was little, had much more deer meat than beef. Now and again she would get steak and did not like it, said it tasted fat. Over time she changed.... don't hunt like I once did, but still my favorite meal is deer tenderloin... :D
  16. charlie46

Love venison,but,very bad for your collesterol.
  17. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Here is some food for thought:

Comparisons
    The red meats commonly served in the U.S. have similar levels of cholesterol, but they can vary widely in their saturated fat content. A 3-oz. serving of roast venison, for example, has 75 mg of cholesterol, while a similar cut of beef contains 76 mg of cholesterol. However, the venison slice contains less than 1 g of saturated fat, whereas the beef has 4.3 g -- more than four times the amount that deer meat provides.

Significance
    At 75 and 76 mg of cholesterol, a single serving of venison or beef roast represents about 38 percent of your daily cholesterol allotment. While that's not too bad, the saturated fat also makes a difference. If your daily caloric needs are 1,800 calories, your total fat limit of 25 to 35 percent translates to 450 to 630 calories. Your saturated fat intake should be less than 7 percent of those calories, or below 32 to 44 calories. At 9 calories per gram of saturated fat, that means staying below 3.6 and 4.9 g of saturated fat. If you stick with just one 3-oz. serving of venison and limit your intake of other foods high in saturated fats and cholesterol, you'll stay within the TLC diet guidelines. Helping yourself to a generous 9 oz. of deer meat, on the other hand, puts you over your limit for cholesterol. Because it's lower in saturated fat than beef, the larger serving of venison won't put you over your saturated fat limit but it does boost your intake.
  18. N2Hunting

N2Hunting New Member

With all the stuff going on with my heart (Now they are talking a defibulator/pacemake) and me eating navy chow for 20 years, :puke: my cholesterol control is really good. :D I had no clogged arteries when they did the angiogram. :D I work on a 2000 acre explosive plant with so many deer and turkey that its crazy to drive around the Strutt or Rutt. :gah: We can bow hunt (during hunting season). :p So as long as I have tags I can fill the freezer. That makes for a major cost savings compare to beef prices.
  19. gato200

gato200 New Member

Glad your arteries are clear! Not being allowed/able to ride is really hard. I got cut off by a car 4 weeks ago, dumped my bike and broke my wrist in two places. The weather now is perfect for riding. My Harley is sitting in the garage. I have gone out a few times on it, but it hurts like hell. Doctor says I should be able to manage the clutch w/o pain in a few weeks. BTW, the guy who cut me off and caused me to skid into the telephone pole just kept right on driving! I got up, looked around and he was long gone! At least I swerved just enough to keep from running into his car. There's always a bright side, I guess!
  20. N2Hunting

N2Hunting New Member

OK final word on my health. NO clogged arteries :D. No defibrillator :D. Just take some blood thinners, keep up with diet :puke: and exercise :banghead:. Go back and see the doctor in three months. Back in the wind and lovin' it :D. I've lost 35 pounds so far, another 45 to go :witsend:, and feeling better for it. Thanks for all your support. God bless.