1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

bike hauler

Discussion in 'Projects' started by ironhorse, Dec 20, 2007.

1. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

The trailer

told chuck I would start a thread for the trailer I started and here it is
    haven't had much of a chance to work on it latley I did install a bullydog jack and reinforced it with 1/4 in strap, filled in the neck where the front wheel will be with 16ga and worked on the angles of the dangles on the front tubes, first one i cut twice and it was still to short, kind of a funky angle, picked up a compresser kit and tank for the air system (still debating on it though) and back at a stand still probably for the week, out of time and money thing. I will post some pics of the progress later :wtf: :worthless:
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

hehehe, thanks ironhorse!!!! and ya took the words right out of my mouth!!!!:roflmao: :roflmao:
    i was going to ask about it but didnt want to bug ya......:)
  3. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

had to beat you to the punch on this one:D
  4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

how much farther are you senice your last set of pic's you posted somwhere on here?
  5. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

a little iron further, have been to dang busy at work working at the house I think all i get done to it is move it around my last job leaves the shop hopfully today/tomarrow then might put in a little time on it again before santa gets here. then won't get back to it until most likely mid january, an hour or so here and there makes it a slow project. i'll try to throw a pic up this evening
  6. cowboy

Yep I know how that' goes A hour or two at a time just don't seem like enough get's done been doing my 71 Dodge truck on the hour at a time shift & it seem's like nothing get's done :banghead:
  7. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

a few pics first ones the riding weather around here the second one is the nose/tounge, 3rd is the reinforced area for the jack, 4/5 are the uprights as you can see it started turning a little midevel

Attached Files:

8. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

some more views if you can pull out the lines on 1 and 2 sorry about the background, 3 is the balls on the uprights and 4 is when the sun comes out looking out the west

Attached Files:

9. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Those are some mighty fine looking iron balls you got there :D
  10. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I wouldn't want to fall on that thing. Very interesting.
  11. chucktx

thanks for the pics.....what is the theme going to be??? viking?? mideval?? cool looking......:)
  12. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

I"ve told people I have balls of steel :roflmao: and there really isn't a theme trying to follow the top line of the bike a little then I stand back and say hummm that might look cool, so I try it ian shazam, more iron welded together, you might have seen where the air compresser will be at on the tounge
  13. chucktx

saw that, wasnt sure if it was a permanet thing or not......still cool tho, i like your shazam!!
  14. cowboy

are you going to inclose it ? leave your ball's on the out side :D & thell freeze in that weather :roflmao:
  15. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

got the call, the air bags are in. got the axle frame figured out need to order the axle, and wheels when I get a little more pocket change, haven't done much else to the trlr. but did get my widow grips installed, and put some shine on the back of the sissy bar back rest. short time at the house don't think I will get much done we'll see.
    hey chuck can ya move this for me :D
  16. chucktx

17. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

fabbed up the axle tube and piviot bars, hinges and pins, airbag pedestals and mounted it didn't get any pics of it yet, the bags didn't drop the rear as far as I wanted I was hoping for about 10 in at the very rear, but am only getting 6.5 :cussing: oh well just need a drop gate now. factor that in later.
  18. chucktx

sounds like your moving right along!!! is there any way to lower the upper mount on the bags to get your required drop?? maybe a step bracket?? you would still get highth with inflated bags....just a thought, without pics....lol:)
  19. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

nope right up against the deck, and with a 12 in wheel it will put me at a level ride not to big a thing just wanted the heavy duty bags just didn;t realize they didn't have quite the stroke I thought they would have
  20. chucktx

bummer.....well, a two fold gate isnt to difficult to build...of course, you could get creative and build a lift gate...simmilar to the nascar trailers.....just not as much lift.....lol lol.....:)