1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

bike hauler

Discussion in 'Projects' started by ironhorse, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Killer-B

Killer-B New Member

Yup... this trailer is cool...

Attached Files:

2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

hehehehe......saw that a while back....lmao!!!!!!!!:) :)
  3. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

thats kinda what I had in mind, air cylinder tommy lift style folds out then drops at enough angle to hit the ground with the bags dumped. as long as it is away from the normal trlr thing, just trying to put some ideas I had rumbling around in my head to use probably be more trial and error before its done and I,m sure it will probably get sold when it's done anyway. a totaly custom cycle trlr for some rub out there, probably have to install one of those chingadaras k-b mentioned so it will sell:roflmao: keep going with all these little ideas nobody but a rub will be able to afford it.
  4. chucktx

the lift gates i have worked on were hydraulic/12v.....and cables and pulleys....worked really slick. i think harbor freight has one for a pickup that could be adapted to a trailer....piece of cake!!!!!!!!!!!:)
  5. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

already have air supply and a cylinder just need to adapt it also here are a few pics

Attached Files:

6. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

a couple pics didn't go too many KBs and don't know how to pdf, so here are some of the shiny hiny I put on the back of the backrest the other day:cool:

Attached Files:

7. chucktx

aint nothin like havin a good mirror to shave with while on the road campin!!!!!!!! nice job!
  8. chucktx

air bag setup looks good.......
  9. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

ain't done much this half (home time) rode a couple of days, ordered the sheetmetal to get broke, and trying to cut the cost by trying to pick up wheels hubs spindles etc. on the auction sites got alot wrapped up in this little project already picked up the decking and the paint and some rino lining cold app. trying to locate some cheap rear fenders off some thing like touring model bikes but that is more on the later list. other then that it's back to oregon and work hope it is warmer I am definantly ready for the heat.
  10. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

got back and instead of the little project of a trailer its pull the engine and trans on my sons nova it decided to say nope don't think so on the way to town the other day and now I've pulled the eng and trans to reseal the pan and rebuild the trans so the trailer is on hold again. so just thought i would drop a note and get back to work, enjoy the ride.
  11. chucktx

i am glad ya posted what the status is on the project, cause i was fixin to post about it!!!!:roflmao:
    have fun with the nova,,,,,,,,,:D
  12. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

it can be challanging getting things done being out of town about 70% of the time, then playing catch up when I get home,:banghead: pulled the trans down last night and found the friction discs shot start cleanning and putting it together to day and the intake and pan gaskets on the eng, should be done in time to head back to nevada for work then next round home it will be replacing the fuel pump on the dodge,:gah: so the trailer ison hold till later, but I look at it this way spring is coming soon and the need for the trailer to get it over the drifts will be need less and I didn't work any where it wasn't snowing this year anyway,:mad: so I'll have till next fall to finish it (this reminds me I need to get a new rear on soon also):D
  13. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

well got the trans rebuilt, the eng resealed, reinstalled all is well, returned this half, picked up an injection pump and fass fuel pump, almost didn't get it back to the house before it gave up, 15000 miles on a bad pump ain't to bad, anyway got the pump changed out the fass system installed, got the pod lights on the bike, and fabed up another mirror stanless panel, and installed it, where the down tubes infront of the battery box, behind the rear cyl. cover all the factory holes, cleaned the shop and today i fix the chicken coup door, then back to nevada, maybe i can touch on it when i get back mid month..........unless it's nice then I don't have to tell you where I'll be:biker: :cheers:
  14. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Say by-by:chopper: :D
  15. chucktx

sounds like ya been goofin off a bit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
  16. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

if'n the goofing off weren't so pricey it would be more enjoyable:witsend:
  17. chucktx

truer words have not been spoken!!!!!:roflmao: