1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Bike Stand or Lift

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by JohnnyBiker, Mar 6, 2011.

1. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Which ever way you go - make sure it has a lift lock then bleed off will not be a problem.
    I use the HF model and the only problem I've had is getting it under the left rail all the way - If I pull the bike up it clears with no problem.
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

With my Springer (which sits pretty low) and if I'm using my Sears jack I ride the back tire up on a 2X4 to give it better clearance.

A lock for the jack or lift is vitally important. That lift that CB bought would also be a pretty good lift for your bikes JB.
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i have a few compressors. one of them is a cambel hausfield. it has given me great service for 10 years......mine is a 5hp tho........much bigger tank.
  4. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Looks likes a good lift, but just not what I am looking for.
  5. JohnnyBiker

At this point I do not need a huge air compressor, just something that will let me do some things that I can't do now without it being a pain in azz, like filling my tires, blowing down the carb when I have it off etc. If I were to get a big one, it would would mots likely be a Sandborn 80 gal. two stage verticle. I like that one, my dad has one but I am not going to rewire my garage for light duty work at the moment.
  6. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

JB check your local pawn shops , I shop a lot at then , just know what the cost new & compar prices , the craftmans I have now came from a pawn shop about 10 years ago , paid like $50 for it & seen in your link it now going for a bit over $300,
  7. JohnnyBiker

There is a thought. I had a shot at getting one through work through an auction but some insider knew what the top bid was going to be. :gah: I put a good offer on it too.
  8. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I do it a lot just take a day & drive around to all the different towns around here & check out the pawn shops get some good deals , if you know the new price, I get a lot of my craftmans tools there as well ,& A lot cheeper the going to sears , then if the brake or go bad just take them back to sears & trade them in :D