1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Bike-Talk Rally?

Discussion in 'The Polling place' started by JohnnyBiker, Jul 18, 2010.

1. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

I found a long time ago that bicycle stuff is great for motorcycling, small and light weight.
    JB we have laundry matts around here, even Buena Vista has one.
    Alex Twin Lakes may be to high for them boys, they might freeze to death.
    Gunnison area might be a good spot, or Montrose,
    Saw on the news last night Trail Ridge road won't be open for another couple of weeks.
  2. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Go to Walley World and buy what you need once yer there
  3. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

900 miles is a very, very long day on a Sporty and HR's Suzuki, stopping for gas every 100 miles, and a lot of camping gear strapped on makes it worse. Remember, those aren't comfortable touring machines. Ship it!

As for freezing: they're from Minnesota--way colder there, and 50 at nite is comfortable right? Maybe a cabin would be better for some.

Heard the snow is so deep on Trail Ridge, maybe end of June before open. Cottonwood Pass opens end of June. State put all their big equipment to work on Independence Pass to open this week, but only one lane so far, and avalanches took out a big hunk of the road. Folks in Aspen are unhappy.... with their money, they could buy a whole new highway, huh?
  4. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

you can take a brake at my ponderosa we can finish the tour after a few denumbing brews...lol
  5. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

campers, trailers, long miles, planning, GPS, "gotta get there", ETC, I say set a date, set a time, set a place, get the beer, let me know, IF i can spare the time I will get on and ride, I will camp or find a motel, I will plan my stops according to how my asss feels... one mile at a time, I will stay as long as I please and if there is naked around COOL if not I will encourage it but hell I'll have another beer, JMO
  6. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

That is right....50* is nothing for us Northerners.... And yes it is comfortable, at any time of the year... During the summer it can break 100* with about 75% humidity as well. Yes 900 miles is a long haul, but I would do it, not sure I would be able to do it as freely as IronHorse though as I do have calculate my stops a little closer.. I would have to stop about every 150 miles to stay off of my reserve......

I think that it would be them people from Texas that might cry at 50*.... Can I say Cardboard??.....:roflmao:

Hey IronHorse, I wish that I could be that free..... But other things in life for me now have to intrude.... :wtf:
  7. JohnnyBiker

You bring the BEER!!! :rant:
  8. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Who says you have to do 900 miles in one day? I was only bragging that I did it once and that was a long time ago when I was in my 20s - I will never do it again, my friends! I like Ironhorse's attitude.
  9. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

not sure I want to see a bunch nekkid drunk guys running around....
  10. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Not sure about me being there yet. Got some health issues that came up sense last Thursday and don't know if they are going to let me drive any longer. Things are kind of up in they air right now, not working right now either. Colorado does sound like a good location, are there any good KOA campgrounds in any of those areas.
  11. JohnnyBiker

:(
  12. hotroadking

Dude that sounds terrible, does that mean ride as well?
  13. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

Hope your health improves with Summer coming on FLHT. Sorry to hear that brother. I slipped while rock climbing yesterday and fell about 15' onto more rocks. Just black and blue, so going to see doc in half an hour.

Yes, there is a KOA campgroung here along with about 50 other campgrounds within a 20 mile radius. All campgrounds have bathrooms, some have shower facilities, some have cabins to rent, even quite a few B&B's to choose from. There should be every kind of accomodations to suit you guys, unless you want a 4 star hotel.
  14. FLHTbiker

For right now it means everything. I was out working on the wifes bike just trying to finish it up before leaving for work. Next thing I knew I was staring up at the ceiling of my shop. I must have fallen cause I split the back of my head open pretty good, damaged my right elbow and bruised my face. Spent the rest of the day in the emergency room. They ran all their tests and could not find anything wrong. They did the EKG thing on me to. I know my blood sugar had been dropping but they said it was fine. Course the wife and her friend that was over made me eat a peanut butter and jam sandwich before taking me to the emergency room. Now they are saying it could have been a heart related or a seizure so I am waiting for an appointment to have a heart monitor installed :(. For now I can't drive or ride. If they find it was a seizure they are going to pull my license. Just what I need. Seems to me with all their tests that they would know. So that's all I know for now.
  15. hotroadking

Well thats bad to hear, glad they came out to check on you,
    heck my wife wouldn't have looked for me until the next morning, probably
    on purpose LOL

Might just be exhaustion, working to get that bike together
    in time for the ride, lots of things.

If you have no history of seizures then I would think it's a rare occurrence for it to
    just start happening.....
  16. FLHTbiker

They didn't come out to check on me, I came to and got myself up and made it to the house, otherwise I would have laid out there for hours before she would have looked for me. She and her friend were having to much fun quilting. Near as I can figure I was probably out for about 20-30 minutes.
    Saturday afternoon she helped me button up the last few things on her bike then I helped her clean it. She had a good time on her womens ride Sunday was hard seeing her ride off and me being stuck at home.
  17. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

Man Marc you got to stop this bad health stuff, you're getting too close to retirement and fun to be putting up with that crap. Look after yourself.
  18. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

that's a long time to be out, I was having almost fainting spells last year and went to the ER 3 times and the doc several times before they figured out my heart was stopping, now I have a pacemaker. Life is good and I can still ride 650 miles a day. So what I'm saying is hang in there and they'll get you fixed up and you'll be better than new.
  19. FLHTbiker

Sorry to hear that HarleysLR didn't know you were having any heart issues. God, this getting older really sucks.
    OLbill, sounds like he might be interested in the biketalk get together also. Hope those Texas guys will come to it. :)
    Bob, I'm trying don't much care to be down, besides I missed a ride on Sunday to that would have been good.
  20. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

MAN FLHT that sucks , better get to the bottom of this , & liston to the Docs , good luck & stop all this dumb stuff, falling down hurts