1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Bike-Talk Rally?

Discussion in 'The Polling place' started by JohnnyBiker, Jul 18, 2010.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Not to get sentimental but it just breaks me when I read about all of these health issues that the "family" are having and other issues..... :banghead:

I think that there is a lot of time for FLHTto get his health back... IF everyone is cool with this, nest year is the better time...

I am going to be getting in touch with Ken to talk about this deal so we can better and more efficiently plan this... ( Sorry IronHorse ) at the moment I am not as free as you...:cool: but I am working on it....

Marc, I hope that everything checks out, one thing this world needs is you Brother....:cool:
  2. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

I hate hearing that, FLHT. Doc Joshbob says go slow and try not to stress out too much- stress always makes things worse. I believe in the power of prayer & I'm sending up some for you.
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Thanks guys I have been pretty upset about this and a bit nervous to even get on the bike right now. I'm hoping to get more answers in the weeks to come.
  4. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

got me :banghead::banghead:I'll specify sex and species next time:D
  5. FLHTbiker

Got the call today from the hospital. Got to go in Wednesday at 3 PM and have the heart monitor installed. Got to wear it 24/7 and probably for a month or more.
  6. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

wow that's a long time, I wore mine for 3 days, but then again my heart stoped when the doc was taking my pluse, think the monitor for me was just so insurance would pay the $60,000.00 to have a pacemaker put in.
  7. FLHTbiker

Well I hope it don't show anything.
  8. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

:soapbox:Next year we may all be dead. We friggin' ride bikes, people! Screw it, CO sounds good so I'm going that way later this summer. Either I will meet other BT folks or I won't. Maybe even to Florida, too. Or back to Milwaukee.....no decision until on the road.

FLHT - bummer you're down, but since you slammed your noggin when ya did it could be something real friggin simple like standing up too quick, and you'll be fine...except for the month you'll lose on the monitor. Hell, last summer the Dr's told me I had cancer and they were gonna gut me like a luau pig - then they decided to try a different approach and I got to ride most of the year. Don't have to be the worst thang, even if it is a bad thang.

I hear my wife calling MOJITO's!!!!!! I am out .......:cheers:
  9. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

very sorry to hear this man........praying for ya......hope all is good!
  10. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Sorry to hear about this Marc, really hope you're back on the road real soon!
  11. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

if it don't show anything you'll always wonder when is it going to happen again, The pacemaker made life good again, but I've had a heart condition since I was 36, birth defect with my mitrovalve, have had it replaced twice, each time it is like a good top end rebuild more power and feel good.