1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Bike wont start, but it is my fault

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by NeilP, Jul 12, 2010.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

That stinks, those are a nice couple of rides.
  2. FXR MAN

FXR MAN New Member

Need Help

This is the first time on Bike Talk and I could use some help with my Bike. I have an 86 FXR that I ride to work every day about 50 miles round trip. The problem is (or what I think it is) is a short some were. I would be riding on the FWY and It would cut out and back fire, I let go of the thottle then keep going. at Idle it just cut off. can any help? thank you
  3. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

What are your thoughts that it may be? I would start by checking your fuel system. Check your tank filter, in line if you have one, then go the carb if they check out ok. Then I would go your plugs, wires, and ignition. As it once was said, do it in systematic way.
  4. NeilP

NeilP Active Member

Nice looking bike...maybe a bit radical for my everyday use and two up touring though.

have got my self a bigger Custom tank, so will probably need a new seat. I think it is going to be a very basic rebuild not far from standard...cost as much as anything.

I will giv eth full story later...people around here now...now I am cycling everywhere I do not have so much time.

I just sold a Mitsibushi Pajero, for £1200, so have spent that on a second hand road race bicycle a year old and only 30 miles on it...I did 30 miles taking it out for atest ride!...New it was about £2200 and I got it for £1080....A Trek Madone 4.7 like this:

Trek Bikes | Bikes | Road | Madone 4.7

Averaging about 20 mph from home to work ( 8.4 miles) ...best time so far is 23minutes. Hope to get it down below 20 by this time next year