1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

blue prevention

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by harley_z, Aug 11, 2004.

1. harley_z

harley_z New Member

Just got a new set of pipes and before I used them, wanted to try one of the blueing preventive solutions that are out there.
    Has anyone had any experience using these? Do they restrict flow at all, or do most of them just go on as a thin layer against the pipe wall?

Thanks.
  2. chopperdave

chopperdave New Member

IMO, I have used these products in the past, and as long as you are jetted/tuned close, they work as advertized. Just make sure you get the baffles out first! lol, also if you have the pipes with anti-reversion cones in them, you'll have trouble draining the mess out of there. I have seen no real-time data on flow/performance loss when using these products, but I would suspect there is little to none. Again, IMO, it's worth it.