1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Blu's in the shop

Discussion in 'Projects' started by sarge7, Nov 16, 2010.

1. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I love living in SE Texas :cool::D
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

You guys get Tornado's, Hurricanes, hot and humid weather, Crocodiles, and Fire Ants. :rolleyes: We get a lot of rain in the winter and great springs, summers and Indian summers in the fall. :D
  3. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Now Cowboy, that is not a nice thing to rub in someone's face!!!:rant::gah::D
  4. cowboy

LMAO, i still don't really like it down here , But no snow (most of the time) it does get cold for here , But this is where the wife wants to be so here I em , I prefer the southwest ,mountians & desert & dry air :D
  5. JohnnyBiker

I like winter and all, but this year it just seems to drag on and on and on. Like HR said, now we are expecting another 2" today and more on Tuesday and Wednesday. :banghead::banghead:
  6. ultra200922

ultra200922 Active Member

I agree JB this winter does seem longer and hopefully it is only 2" of snow some predictions for here are 10"+:gah:
  7. JohnnyBiker

I had heard the same for this area. I am ready to explode on the road!!
  8. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

:hijacked: Update on BLU - More damm bad news - Called my indy friday to see what time to pick up my ride and was informed that it was ready but the mech haven't had a chance to test ride it - wet weather and some ice problems on the road - so I told them I'll call back on Monday to see when I could come in and get it - shop manager stated that they couldn't get it to run and was in the process of checking out the problem, Don't know what happened but I do know it was running great when I took it in and let know it. He said they would have ready tomorrow but the weather isn't going to let me get a chance to ride until Friday. :puke::angry:
    By the time I get it back it should be almost a new bike - not to bad for a ride that's 28 years old.:D
  9. cowboy

sarge7 it sat for a long time , battery, bad gas , just to name a couple of things oh ya carb cleaning cause of the bad gas ,
  10. JohnnyBiker

That is weird. What is the current update???
  11. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

More rain on my parade - ready to pick my ride and the weather isn't cooperating - looks like a Friday ride;) - then I get the call - The OL broke down with her vehicle and is setting in heavy traffic in the dark, she calls me and I get to do all the leg work for her.:angry: Got the emer. pickup crew on the way - the LEO's have been called and she calls back and complains she's cold! :witsend:- what a gal! - hour later the wrecker driver calls and tells me he can't find her :angry:- this is after the LEO's put flares around the vehicle to keep it from being hit - so I call her and she tells me that she's cold because she's been out directing traffic so her "baby" don't get hit and the wrecker driver went right buy her without stopping. Now she's complaining the flares are going out and the LEO has left for Emer. run - what to do? :witsend:- I asked her if she put out the flares that were in the rear and she says what flares;:banghead: I tell her the ones I put in with your emer. kit last fall - she tells me she didn't know she had a emer. kit in the car and then says - never mind her ride just pulls up.:banghead:
    Today I get a call from the shop and the mech. tells me the fuel pump took a dump - cost for a new pump installed 900.00 :puke:- thats when the heart attack started.:rolleyes: Now I've got two repair bills to pay - $1500 :gah:- guess I'll have to declare war on the US - have come Uncle Sam in and blow up half my country - then ask for foriegn aid like the ragheads and the illegals are doing.:banghead:
    At least life ain't gittin boring with the wife around ! - come on SUMMER !!:roflmao::roflmao:
  12. FLHTbiker

Dam Sarge that is really some bad news, what a bummer. Sure hope it gets better for you.
  13. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

No problem - just called the credit union got the money for the repairs and hopefully will get the bike and the OL vehicle back tomorrow unless mother nature gets in the way - supposed to be in the mid 40"s and the vehicle doesn't care what the weather is.
    Thought for awhile there I was gonna have to find some blocks and mimic CB's front yard.:roflmao:
  14. FLHTbiker

:eek: Even CB didn't have the Harley up on blocks, well its been close though. :D That would be bad having the car and the Harley up on blocks, glad your gonna get them both running.
  15. JohnnyBiker

Mid 40's sure would be nice around here. But I think it is going to be a little while yet before we see that. Hot Rider rescheduled her bike appointment because of this crappy weather. :banghead:
  16. cowboy

Nice clear blue skys & should be in the low 70's today here :cool:
    Sarge what does the Ol drive to have a fuel pump installed cost $900?:eek: must be in the tank
  17. FLHTbiker

Its a nice day here, gotta leave pretty soon to do a very large inspection on two buildings. Good day for a ride here but NOT at the coast. Sirens are blaring as I right this all along the Oregon Coast. There expecting Tsunami waves of 4-5 feet (maybe) caused by the massive earth quake in Japanese land. Hawaii was hit pretty hard by them but so far nothing here, hope it does not hit. The coastal areas are being evacuated all along the coast here. Sure glad I don't have my RV at the beach anymore.
  18. JohnnyBiker

That is some wicked stuff that is for sure. What is really weird is the west coast is getting slammed instead of the east coast. :wtf:
  19. FLHTbiker

Japanese land is not on the east coast. Reports are now saying that they are hitting in some areas on the southern coast and it sweep a area of seals off the beach. So far only a 2 foot surge. Port Orford on the coast was hit. Scary stuff if you live there.
    Did you see the Tsunami waves that came into Japanese land wow, pretty big. Well gotta go to work.
  20. JohnnyBiker

UMMMM, I know that Japan isn't on the east coast. Just saying that it is weird that the west coast is getting hit instead of the east coast. I haven't looked at the news just yet, but I can imagine.