1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Blu's in the shop

Discussion in 'Projects' started by sarge7, Nov 16, 2010.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

keep us posted ok???? was watchin on the news this mornin...........was hoping y'all were ok. hope ken is high and dry also!!!!!
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

:rolleyes: JB, Japanese Land faces the west coast that is why and why Hawaii was hit so hard. That is also why the Japs were able to bomb Hawaii cause its a straight shot. Look on a world map.
  3. FLHTbiker

I'm 100 miles inland so no problem here. Oregon coast was hit in a few areas with one area hit by a 7 foot wave that broke fishing boats from their moorage spots. Heard that 3 guys were swept out to sea (down on the beach to get a look) and one guy still has not been found. Depot Bay was hit and the surging water again broke fishing boats loose and some were set up onto docks. Have also heard that a couple camping on the southern coast are missing, they think they were also swept out to sea.
    They were still getting surges in high water all day long today. Calif. got hit pretty good, down in the Santa Cruise area and Crescent City.

For the people that got sucked out to sea because they had to go on the beach to check it out, well you just can't fix stupid.
  4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

what bad is they tried to warn them all yesterday about this happing ,& they all went on with there life not it was'nt going to happen , when they tell me here on the news a big huracane 9SP) IS GOING TO HIT US I get my stuff ready / cleaned up the yard , grandkid toys lawn chairs & want / or get the hell out of here , see what ways it going & we go the other way
  5. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Her pump is in the tank - $400 just for labor -
    GOOD NEWS :rocket_bike:- both the bike and the vehicle are repaired and I finally got to ride today - Temps were in the 40's :)- wind chill was a bear but I finally am going to get some ridin time in. Weather for tomorrow in the 50's.:cheers:
    Bike was not starting cause it had been sitting all winter without a tender on the battery. Got a pleasent surprize when I started home - since I had the lowering kit put in it rides a lot better and corners 10 times better than before :D- wish I had done this when I first got it and then maybe I wouldn't have tryed to drive off the side off the foothill pkwy in Tenn. - Think I'm going down that way again this summer and give it a good work out. And then on to Panama City beach for the big rally.:drunk: Also going to check out some places in central Florida to see if I can find a reasonable place to move to next winter. Gonna become a snowbird if the OL and I can swing it and it looks like we will. NO more snow for this ole man and a bonus of ridin year round won't hurt either.:cheers:
  6. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

That is true, there are some things that you just can't teach I guess. This is some bad stuff. I hope that you and people that you know are ok.
  7. FLHTbiker

Most people here in Oregon are fine. There is a huge mountain range between me and the coast, called the coast range. Runs the whole length of Oregon along the coast except for where the rivers have cut through. Then there is the Cascade Mountains on the other side of us. Were kind of sandwiched between those two mountain ranges. That's what made the spectacular Willamette Valley. These 2 mountain ranges and the valley makes for some fantastic riding.

Here is a few photos and then check these photo's out. Really some great riding areas.
    We get rain here in the winter months and a lot of snow build up in the mountain ranges, but don't think you could find a better riding area.
    Willamette valley Images and Stock Photos. 247 willamette valley photography and royalty free pictures available to download from over 100 stock photo companies.

Attached Files:

8. chucktx

happens here also.....folks go to the coast to see what a hurricane is........:banghead:
  9. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

:hijacked:
  10. chucktx

now that is one thing we are REALLY good at!!!!!!!!!:D
  11. FLHTbiker

Yep sitting here in the dark after a big windstorm knocked out power here. Good thing for the IPone. So the Blues in the shop here is the house is getting cold, wife is in AZ where the weather is warm and the 2 cats are the only company.:banghead::cussing:
  12. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

from the weather reports I saw today - things ain't gonna improve much for the next couple of days at least ya ain't glowing in the dark yet. (hold breath)!:roflmao:
  13. FLHTbiker

Yea, but the good news is all this crapy weather were getting is heading east, :D:D:D
  14. chucktx

north east i hope!!!!!!!!
  15. FLHTbiker

Anyplace but here, I believe it has rained 2 inches here today. :gah:

Hopping to get on the bike a week from this Thursday to head for Reno with six other from our chapter, a 650 mile ride one way. Not used to riding long distances after this long wet spell here, gonna have a sore butt. :cussing:
  16. chucktx

keep the "gold bond" handy!!!!!!!!:)
  17. FLHTbiker

:roflmao: Will Do
  18. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Are you kidding me????:banghead:
  19. chucktx

nope..........