1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Blu's in the shop

Discussion in 'Projects' started by sarge7, Nov 16, 2010.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Again OMG what we gonna do!!!!!:D
  2. FLHTbiker

By the way Sarge, how is it going, bike running yet. :)
  3. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Ole BLU is up and running - can't believe the differnace in handling with the bike lowered - have to give some credit to the new E3 Dunlop on the back too. Looks like I'm ready for summer. Got out for a hour today but the HONEYDO list made short work of the fun. Water heater took a big dump and I had to replace it; for some reason the OL refuses to take a cold shower - wonder why? :roflmao:
  4. FLHTbiker

Sarge, glad to hear the bike is up and running. I have always been a big fan of the E3 tire, plus they have a better weight load rating (pulling a trailer).
    Sorry about the loss of your dear old friend the water heater. Mine has been going for 20 years which is way longer life than what they are supposed to get (8-14 is average). Make sure yea earth quake strap it.
    How is the wife doing?
  5. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Update on Blu - Got the ride back and got snowed in for a week before I could take it out for a ride - but Sun I got the chance to take it out and put some miles on it- The new rear tire/swingarm and bushngs made a world of differance on handling but the extra kick was the lowering kit I had installed.
    I ordered a progressive kit for the front and put a burly Relocator on the back - it dropped the ride a 1 1/2" and it was like riding a new machine. Blu corners better than it ever did before and handles the road bumps with a grace I never felt before. :D
    The local INDY shop was Osbornes here in Fort Wayne and they really treated me right - and their cheaper than the local HD shops here in town. :)
  6. king

king New Member

hey guys im new just got me a 82 honda cb1000 want to make it into a bobber and would like to lower it but havent been able to find a kit
  7. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

are ya handy with tools??? how far ya want to go with the project?
  8. king

king New Member

yea chuck i can turn a wrench, just not sure where to start got the springer seat choped fender and thats about it, the guy i got from started it, the video and pics iv seen looks like they cut the frame dont realy want to do that
  9. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

start a new thread in this section, post some pics.....lets see what ya working with......then we can throw out some ideas for you....
  10. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Post up some pics on the project - I have done a couple of those honda's and they are fun plus yer investment isn't all that great unlike a HD.
    As far as droppin one the rear is easy the tricky part is the front end, you might give progressive a look see or contact them to find out whats available for your year and model.
  11. king

king New Member

cool ok ill try and get some pics up
  12. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

The water heater was way past it's prime and was taken out of the shop I worked at - been there for 20 yrs or more and I had it for 10 years so wasn't surprised when it went south on me - It had more sediment in it than you could believe and I'm surprised it even lasted as long as it did. Took to the local salvage yard and got $25 out of the body pretty good return for zero invested.:)
    Doc said the OL is doing great but she got some notion that she stil can't ride due to vibrations of the bike - asked her how that could be cause the bike is all air suspension and the eng and what not are rubber mounted.
    Think it's just her way of saying she done riding. OK by me - cheaper on the road that way and leaves the back seat open for the GK's :roflmao: