1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Breakfast Burritos

Discussion in 'Roadkill Cafe - From Kill to Grill' started by shovelRob, Jan 26, 2011.

1. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

i just ain't eating anything that's hot enough to make me sweat:eek:
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Come-on Cowboy you've never experienced the top of your head sweating from spicy food. Take a spoonful of that Chinese yellow mustard next time your out to a Chinese dinner, great stuff. Best to have a big glass of beer if its to spicy for yea.
  3. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Or have a little wasabi with your sushi...
  4. FLHTbiker

:wtf: Sushi sucks big time, may as well eat a slug :cussing: :puke:
  5. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

when i am at a Chinese restaurant, i get a bowl of the mustard. use it to dip the sweet/sour chicken in.....egg rolls....shrimp....most everything. i love the way my sinus's open up!!!!!!:D
  6. FLHTbiker

:D Yea good stuff :D
  7. uglyone

uglyone New Member

Sounds like a good recipe, I like breakfast burritos. Got one from the wheel of death at work, made by don miguel, as I ate the first bite I read the food facts on the wrapper......omg, 95% of the rda for cholesterol, 55% for sodium, from a 4 inch burrito!! I'm not a health nut, but that much cholesterol in one meal seems a bit much. Long as we're talkin food, allrecipes.com has seasoning recipes for just about everything. My 14 yr old daughter loves the taco recipe from there. No preservatives, about 5 ingredients, push the easy button.
  8. cowboy

Not a big fan of chinese food always get hungey about 1/2 Hr after i fill up on it , I do eat it through :D & yes I have had the top of my head pop open with hot/spicey food , just think if i'am going to sweat I'a, going to out side doing somthing not setting & eating
  9. FLHTbiker

I'm not a big fan of Chinese food either, that's why I got to smother it in the Chinese yellow mustard. Wife thinks I ruin it. The next morning after eating a Chinese dinner I wake up and my mouth feels like its glued together because of all the salt in it. :(
  10. chucktx

we call that bait where i come from!!!!!!:)
  11. shovelRob

shovelRob New Member

I get the anaheims at Safeway or sNob Hill. Have tried a few different things, including sun dried tomatoes from the physics teacher at work, squash, and a few different kinda peppers from across the spectrum. It's like painting a picture with flavor and color. Watch out for the little orange and yellow peppers that are not bell in variety as they will scorch you right up to your sinuses.

Love to hear how it goes for some of you!
  12. FLHTbiker

Peppers sound good, but what in the heck is Anaheim's :rolleyes: not sure I can even pronounce it.
  13. FLHTbiker

OK, looked it up. Its just a dried pepper that originated out of Anaheim Calif. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]
  14. shovelRob

shovelRob New Member

(is he messing with me?)

Um. Anaheim peppers. Long and green, not so mean. Mild, a little cheaper than your average green bell pepper. Red bells are good if you can find 'em.

Anaheims can also refer to folks who live near Angels Stadium in...anaheim.
  15. FLHTbiker

Not messing with yea, have never heard of a pepper called that before. Didn't put the two together at first (a city name and a pepper with the same name). :)
  16. shovelRob

shovelRob New Member

I haven't seen them like that before. I wunner how they are that way?

We grew a bunch of serrano peppers (some bite to 'em) and my wife dehydrated a bunch to use throughout the year. I just soak 'em overnight before I use them and it works great.

Growing tomatoes and peppers is a serious past time here. Especially tomatoes. Depending on who you know, you might wind up with some great produce when in season. And, as someone mentioned up the thread, you are gonna smell garlic as you ride the east side of Gilroy, onions between here and there. Artichokes (ooh) out by Castroville and Salinas. Good fresh food all overdaplace.
  17. cowboy

Those look like dryed red chile , see then all over the south west Nm ,AZ west Tx
  18. Hefitz

Hefitz New Member

Cowboy, the next time you leave the woods....There's a place called Hibachi Grill and Buffet in Webster on Bay Area between 45 and Hwy 3. It's one bad azz buffet. Best I've had in a long time.
  19. chucktx

what is the main cuisine????????? not sushi i hope........
  20. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Hot Rider and I are going to make those tomorrow night. I might let you know how they tasted!!!