1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Bum knees

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cowboy, Mar 19, 2014.

1. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Thanks , How you & Terri been ? well the shots are still working for now Been getting a lot more done around here ,Had a busy weekend here good weather ,But no riding was on the list :-( other then that it was good
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

were doing great!!! be careful with them knees.....
  3. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

Just saw the thread, sorry to hear about your knees, Cowboy. You still have that family wedding coming up or is it past? Best wishes and good luck if its not too late!
  4. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Shots are over for my knee so I sit every night with a heat compress on it and sleep with it wrapped in an electric heating pad. It helps a bit. Next winter probably a knee replacement for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
  5. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I really feel for both you guys. I've had my share of health issues but know from seeing my brother how hard it is to get around with bad knees. Really wish you both all the luck with it and Fatboy, you need some Fire Ball Whiskey.
  6. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Fireball? That's a new one to me. Haven't seen it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
  7. MountainCruiser

MountainCruiser Well-Known Member

The kids like it...someone had it at the house last year Christmas night. Tastes like you are drinking red hots...
  8. FLHTbiker

Here yea go, we can buy it at the liquor store. It will warm you up on cold nights and make you feel good and relaxed at the same time.

image.jpg
  9. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

10. cowboy

April 5th is the date for the daughters wedding ,as for the knees shots still working for now ,just hopping they last till after the dance , so been taking it half asz easy till then , Bad knees is what made me give up my E Glide & keep the softail to much weight to hold up
  11. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

Well, it's April 6th, so I guess your wedding dancin is over. Hope all went well for you and yours and my best wishes go out to the new couple.
  12. big_jake57

big_jake57 Active Member

You guys are killin me with this knee talk. Been a rough winter for mine, each year it gets a bit worse. Just had a talk with the doc last Tuesday and got some new anti inflammatory drugs,, been down that road before,, helps but he said all the steps you guys are talking about are inevitable. :(
    On the other subject at hand,, I find the Black Velvet Cinnamon whiskey a bit smoother than the Fireball. :)
  13. FLHTbiker

Black Velvet, hmm might have to try it sometime. :)
  14. cowboy

Yes all went very well could not have ask for better & being she has always been My girl that's the song she chose for her & I to dance & the Temptations still sounded good over the D J's computer & his sound system , & those knee shots work like a charm , I'll try to post some pics but that will take a while as my camara took a dump right before the wedding so I have to wait to get them from others who took them
  15. FLHTbiker

Glad it all worked out for you, that's cool. :)
  16. cowboy

thanks ,He's a well rounded young Man , seems to know what he wants out of life & knows how to work for it
  17. MountainCruiser

MountainCruiser Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the wedding. My oldest daughter and I are very close. At her wedding we danced to "I Loved Her First" by Heartland... real special day....
  18. big_jake57

big_jake57 Active Member

My daughter got married last summer,, I picked "In My Life" by the Beatles for the father-daughter dance. I also sang a Karaoke version of "I Knew The Bride When She Used to Rock and Roll" . It was a fun night !!
  19. FLHTbiker

Bet that was fun Big_Jake57 when my daughter got married there was no dancing wished there was.
  20. cowboy

that's one thing I wouldn't have missed , when my son got married about 9 years ago his father in law just sat there & said he was not dancing his new bride just cried my daughter told me so I took out on the dance floor , at this wedding she told me she would never forget what I did for her on there wedding day , so it was well worth it & something my grandkids will know all about
    FLHTbiker likes this.