1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

California

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Ashley, Sep 1, 2010.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

My Monster Ovals on the touring bike are great, not loud at all, just right. I can even hear the wife when she talks on the CB and that's something if you can hear her, she talks real softly and with a very low tone voice. :D She really gets pissed when I say, what did you say. :rolleyes:
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

can you here me now :D
  3. FLHTbiker

She always says I'm yelling :rolleyes: Then we stop and I show her that she has her mice turned around backwards and the squelch turned all the way up. :D and she says well I was yelling :roflmao::roflmao:
  4. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Being born and raised in California I could go on all day about how this state seems to have a love affair with self destruction, especially when it comes to our state governments need to over regulate.

Recently they enacted this global warming solutions act (AB 32) that is set to go into effect I think by next year. It's basically a job killer that attempts to make more "green" jobs while penalizing all the other industries that are not. There's a ballot measure (prop 23) that is taking a smart new approach to combat the state and AB 32. If prop 23 wins (voting Yes) it will require that the global warming act (ab32) cannot be put into effect until the state's unemployment rate remains at or below 5.5% for 4 or more quarters. Currently our unemployment is almost 12% which is the wrong time you would want to enact anything that could cost existing jobs.

Then again I may be slightly biased, my business would likely be impacted by this global warming act and could force me and my family out of the state.
  5. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Did you see the new Hot Bike Baggers magazine about this

C.O.I.R.
  6. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

I was at a Confederation Of Clubs regional meeting Saturday In Durango, CO The guy who started the Defenders was there once you hear him talk it all makes scenes. Our organization belongs to the State COC and I am the contact U.S. Defender for it. We had a call to action on a senate bill and sent so many letters and emails that the bill was dropped. One of our state representatives actually took the time to come to a COC meeting. COIR is for independent riders and is a very good cause. It is not only about motorcyclist rights it is about our rights as Americans. I understand the U.S. Defenders has done a lot in Texas, like kill a biker go to jail. No plea bargaining. This is something everyone who rides should join or participate in. You don’t have to belong to a club to join or participate.
  7. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

I sorry, I like the sound of straight pipes myself but I am not out ripping the town up at 2 in the morning either. I have changed my bike from not baffled, to not really baffled. :D
  8. cardboard

With straight pipes you've lost a lot of performance..........:gah:
  9. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Hey there CB, you are right, I have lost a lot of performance without the baffles. I installed some short one the other day so I can get the benefit of the baffle without making my bike too quite.
  10. cardboard

If you want noise and performance too. Try Bassini 2in1 pipe, it will be as loud as yer straight pippes but a lot more power and lot better lookin.
    JPcycles even sells them.

Bassani Motorcyle Exhaust Systems - Bassani.com

If you want a little quieter exhaust and better performance try a 2in1 Supertrapp tunable pipe. That's what I have.

http://www.supertrapp.com/product_sections/cat.asp?CatID=7
  11. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

the supertrap is the way to go My bro-in-law has them on his 00 s Glide set set ,he bought his bike in 1999 & it's a 2000 model , the supertrap sound real good ,& over the summer he added a 95 in kit with SE 203 cams & a new supertrap set up & sound'sjust as good as the old set :cool:
  12. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

most of the time bikes without baffles sound tinny, with baffles they sound much better.
    I prefer Vance & Hines, even baffled mine are very loud when I romp on it, if I short shift they are not bad. Supertrapp is probably the premier 2 into 1 exhaust for just about any motorcycle.
  13. FLHTbiker

:D Your learning JB, a baffle does more than one would think. :)
  14. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

Well, I was wrong - He did it!

Motorcyclists who tamper with their vehicle's emissions equipment to increase noise can be cited under legislation signed Tuesday by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Schwarzenegger, a motorcyclist himself, signed Senate Bill 435 to authorize state enforcement of a federal requirement that motorcycles display a label showing they meet noise limits.

The law applies to motorcycles or exhaust systems manufactured after Jan. 1, 2013. First-time offenders may be fined $50 to $100, which a judge may dismiss with proof of correction.

Read more: Boost motorcycle noise and face being fined - Sacramento News - Local and Breaking Sacramento News | Sacramento Bee
  15. FLHTbiker

He probably did it to keep Fed money coming in to his bankrupt state. Still pretty poor of him. I hope it gets challenged in court with a big law suite.