1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Can't renew Tag on Van

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Oct 25, 2010.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

The city of Houston of I remember has 70 or more cameras
    They have to pay 3000.00 a month for each one
    Plus a commission on the tickets
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

We got em here to at certain problem intersections or busy ones. I know where most are but I'm careful to not push it to try and beat a light. I've seen way to many drivers still going through an intersection on a red light. I usually pull out when my light turns green going straight at em and lay on the horn. Pisses em off but hey people gotta know that running the light just so you can get to someplace a bit faster could kill someone or yourself.
    The gal that bought the wifes Valkyrie trike that I built did just that, she ran the light trying to beat it but got nailed broadside. She is lucky she only got broken ribs and a broken nose. The bike is still in pieces and all the fiberglass is broken.
    The reason they have put them there is to try and get people to stop for the light and if everyone did they wouldn't need em. I'm not trying to justify them but cops can't be everywhere.
    If you think you didn't actually run the light fight it, but if you did then pay it and stay away from Houston.
  3. cardboard

When I was in Houston doing Locksmith work all the time.

I notised everybody at the Redlight cameras lookin for the camera and not at the redlight and they were gittin into a wreck, cause they were worried about the camera.
    The traffic in Houston is really , really bad.
    It amounts to there are toooooooooooo many people in one place.
    It amounts to foks running redlight cameras, speeding and really impatient.
    Somebody is gittin upset and killing somebody everyday for something.

Arrest Made In Deadly Fight Over Food - Local News Archive Story - KPRC Houston
  4. Chrome

Chrome New Member

Pay up!!! Or just drive your bike!!
  5. cardboard

Pay the city mafia for breakin the rules.

I don't want to.........:gah:
  6. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

write the check
    pay the fine or fight it in court
    write the judge and request a court date
    then hopefully the cop (traffic light ) wont show to
    defend itself
  7. cardboard

Lawyer said youvsn't fight it in so many words
    The city is gitten the money PERIOD
  8. FLHTbiker

Hey Cardboard, did you run the light?
  9. cardboard

Where they said it was, I remember makin a right hand turn on Red.

I'm not in the habbit of runnin lights.
    Come on down to Houston and ride around.
    I even wait a second or two when the light turns green cause I'm scared somebody might broadside me.
  10. cardboard

I'm a Speeder.
    And when I git a speedin ticket I hire a lawyer to git out of it.

YOu have to learn how to speed in Houston to stay out of traffic and wrecks...

When I had the business I adveraged 3000 miles a month in Houston traffic.
  11. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

a big time speeder............now we see why ya cant afford to go places.....lawyer fees!!!!!!!!!!!
  12. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

I used to be a speeder, but as i've gotten older I go slower or not as much over the speed limit. To Many Crazy's out there to speed to much anyway.
  13. hotroadking

Red light cameras not only pick up
    people running the light, they
    watch (sensors) for full stop
    before right on Red

Ask to be shown the full video
    of your right turn, you might
    have stopped just over the line,
    and that triggered the ticket

Judge might toss it out.

Don't need an attorney
    check with the offices
    for traffic offenses on
    being able to observe
    the alleged violation
  14. FLHTbiker

I'm more like you now, not worth it and besides you enjoy the ride better when your not so intense. I can run the curves with the best of em but around town I've gotten a lot more cautious.
  15. cardboard

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Had a moble locksmith company. Had the business for 19yrs. Drove from Galveston to Huntsville, and from Baytown to Lake Jackson to College Station to service commercial customers. See how big of a Area of coverage that is. Over 125 miles in each direction man.
    In 19 yrs I managed to git 3 speeding tickets. Lawyer charged me about 150.00 for each ticket.
    Personally I don't think that was bad myself for the amount of driving I did...
    Can't go as many places cause I work part time.
    And I got a law suit against me from where I had the business I gave to the dude that worked for me that bankrupted the business.
    My nose should be clean I hope in about 2 yrs.
    Plan on gittin a new Harley if'n everything goes right then too.:gah:
  16. cardboard

The Attorney and a lot of folks like me is waitin on this

Houston voters to decide on future of red light cameras in November elections | abc13.com

If it passes I'm home free.
  17. FLHTbiker

Yea, but yours happened before so you'll have to pay up and if it fails you better beat feet down their and pay up before the metal doors clang shut. :eek:
  18. cardboard

As I've said more than once. THIS IS A CIVIL MATTER.
    Nobody, but nobody will pick me up.
    If they want me. I will go down there and sit in JAIL, I've been in jail before I'm not scare of Jail.
    But know this a Lawyer is gonna be askin they why they have me in jail over a Civil matter.
    The matter is the Redlight cameras are ILLEGEL according to the State of TEXAS.
    But Houston makes so many millions of dollars a year that they can hire a firm of lawyers and make it so you can't git yer tag.
    Listen to this. If I transfer my truck back to Houston which is Harris County and where the redlight cameras are.
    And they don't reconize the Redlight cameras and will give me a Tag Registration.

So go figure.........
  19. cardboard

Here is why it is a Civil matter. So how can a company from AZ hold the registration on my vehicle

Why did I receive this Notice of Violation?

Based upon images captured by the automated system, your vehicle was determined to have committed a red light violation. As the owner of the vehicle, the Notice of Violation is mailed to you.

What if I am not the driver/owner of the vehicle at the time of the violation?

If your vehicle was stolen or sold at the time of violation, or was being test driven by another person, you may submit a sworn statement to that effect to the Court to rebut the presumption, that you were driving the vehicle at the time of the violation. A DECLARATION of NON-LIABILITY form may be downloaded from www.ViolationInfo.com or obtained from the Court. The form must be filled out, accurately and in its entirety. The form must be mailed or hand-delivered in-person to the Court prior to the Notice due date before any additional actions can be taken.
    If you are a rental car company or you leased your vehicle, send your letter identifying the driver along with a copy of this Notice within 30 days after the date of the Notice of Violation is received to Violation Processing Center 209 W. Main Street, Mesa, AZ 85201.

What happens if I ignore the Notice of Violation?

Failure to pay the civil penalty or to contest liability prior to the 45th day after receipt of the notice is an admission of liability, and failure to appear at an administrative adjudication hearing after having requested a hearing is an admission of liability and constitutes a waiver of the right to appeal. Failure to pay the civil penalty within 45 days after receipt of this Notice of Violation shall result in the imposition of a late-payment fee of $25. If the second notice remains unpaid, collections proceedings and entry of judgment against you may proceed.

Will I receive any points on my driving record for this violation?

No, this is a civil infraction that is not reported to the Texas Department of Public Safety.

Will my insurance rates be affected?

No, this is a civil infraction that is not reported to any insurance agencies.

Is this only a revenue generating program?

No. This is a safety program. Red Light Camera Enforcement programs have been shown to reduce red light violations and intersection crashes. Numerous studies from the US and worldwide, as well as the experience of many other cities, indicate significant decreases in red light running violations and collisions after cameras were installed. Other intersections not monitored by automated enforcement may also experience a decrease in violations and accidents as a result of the presence of this automated enforcement in other areas of the community.
  20. hotroadking

So now you owe $70