1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Carburetor vacuum hose?

Discussion in 'CV Performance' started by bg3075, Sep 24, 2015.

1. bg3075

bg3075 Active Member

I bought a new Harley Davidson Performance 40mm CV Carburetor for my 2006 XL1200R. I wanted to replace the vacuum hose as well (that which goes from under the left side of the tank, just behind the fuel hose, to the carburetor. I called my local H-D dealer and asked to order it. The parts salesman said that hose is now obsolete. I noticed the new carburetor I got in has a plastic cap covering the vacuum port inlet. Shall I leave it, and just take the vacuum hose off now? Will this work? Does it really need the vacuum hose?
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Yes unless you change the petcock to a gravity fed like a pingle

The stock HD petcock requires a vac line or it won't flow

Just go to an auto parts store and get some vac line hose and cut it to length and you will be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. bg3075

bg3075 Active Member

Got it, hotroadking. Thanks.
  4. bg3075

bg3075 Active Member

The old vacuum hose fit on a new carburetor vacuum port that I bought. It first didn't appear that it would, was the same port as on the old carb, but fit. I believe the new carb did the trick. Thanks.
  5. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Glad to hear