1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.
  1. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Very good !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

Okay...heading out here in a couple days (friday). Having 5000mile service done on Wednesday. Suppose to be in the 80's friday thru monday.

Pretty much got all the details of who what where when. Not killing myself. Avging maybe 250 miles each day the first 2 days of rambling upper Maine. Stopping at white horse press http://www.whitehorsegear.com. The first day and hopefully get wife a much needed pair of water proof touring pants.

The white horse press is a big warehouse www motorcycle gear place. But i live close enough they let me walk around and look at stuff up close and personal. Very helpfull people.
  3. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

Great place...So your going up to ME via 16...Nice ride...
  4. badinfluence63

As far as Milo anyways then switching to rt 11.
  5. badinfluence63

I'm in stratton! Boy you get a few clicks north of berlin its like the show naked and afraid only you got your bike and your cloths on,geez. No cars,trucks,bikes towns nothing for 20+ miles. Was nice riding.

Saw a moose a between rangeley and stratton just 5 miles from downtown stratton. He Was knee deep in a marsh munching whatever moose munch. He lazily looked up with a give a care.

Conway,conway center and north conway sucked. Parking lot for 3 lites. Was forced to ride the break down lane no other options.

BS construction on kangamangus. The held up your lane while they dropped 1/4 mile of oily grime and then let you....over it not around it.

NH RT 118 from rumney to lincoln was 1/2 new paved and the last 10+ Miles knarly pot hole frost heave S turns. Hard to enjoy that,lol.

Hotel nice. Glad we switched.
  6. Fatboy128

Wow that stretch in the Conways the local LEOs used to be out in force wouldn't dare go more than 2 mph over posted no less ride the breakdown lane. Too bad the Kanc was effed up. That's a decent road without traffic and oil ! But, it is tourist season. Much better before schools are out or after their back in session n

7. badinfluence63

its a very short walk from the hotel to the coplin house inn/pub. Yeah. Double black velvet and coke and blueberry pie and ice cream! Lol

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
  8. badinfluence63

No LEO's any where. Thank goodness. But it was total gridlock hard. Once outta Gorham/Berlin just wetlands and forest till Rangeley. It was a little unervingyet fun riding. Minimum to no vehicles. Surprised not to see bikes.
  9. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

If you drank better whiskey you won't have to dump Coke in it. :D

What flavor was the ice cream?
  10. Fatboy128

You got that right! :D

11. Fatboy128

Pay attention to a couple of items in this Wikipedia description of Black Velvet :
    [​IMG]

"Was Know as BLACK DEATH" and is produced in Quebec. Just saying... LOL

12. badinfluence63

It's inexpensive
  13. badinfluence63

in caribou. Crappy wifi but we here

image.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
  14. marc 55

Not many cars.........
  15. badinfluence63

Home! 1100+ miles. Saw upper rural ne hampshire and upper,middle, coastal and lower Maine. Closer to eastern coast Maine the more jacked with humanity. Ellis,trenton bar harbor etc were the gridlock

As always ending the day sun smoked and road beat you look forward to cold drink, food and AC. Ate at the par and grill, was good. Kept the AC cranked in the room. The small bed was jacked but it was a bed right.

The last nites hotel in trenton was worse. Lesson learned. Pay the extra for a major chain. The were another 50-80$ a nite though.

At lagrange,me jct of 16 and 155 we stoped at the gro/gas store and then a bunch of combat vet MC pulled in
    image.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  16. marc 55

Route 1 along the coast is a real bitch in the Summer...Mid September is great...Most of the people are gone...
  17. Fatboy128

That's for sure Marc. On our short vacation we had to travel between Wells and York several times. In between is Ogunquit. Traffic in Ogunquit is Effin crazy, so many cages and almost me movement. I learned to get on I95. Longer distance but much faster.

18. badinfluence63

19. Fatboy128

Nope, didn't know about it.

20. badinfluence63

I am home. Best part of the trip is arriving home safe.

What a invigorating 4 days. Over 1200 miles of scenic and memorable miles. Backwoods Maine is somthing to see. The people are down home friendly, the views second to none. However the roads are for the most part horrendous. Frost heaves, pot holes and ruts. Holy shit! One road was a steep decline coming down a mountain between Abby Village and Bingham at 50 mph. Karen is scared of heights so luckily i had slowed right down. Good thing, careened off a straight 8 inch up and over a foot long frost heave 1/2 way down. Had we hit that at the posted speed, 50mph best case scenario we would have went airborne. I Think its catastropic failure waiting to happen for the next motorcycle rider. Dodged a major bullet,God is good.

The bike performed flawlessly. I do wonder about any structure compromises,the roads were that bad. I was gonna take 11 north at Milo but jumped over to I-95 north the last 100 miles to Caribou.

Met my friend Jim in Medway and who rode and showed us very smooth back roads to Bangor, rt 2. He showed us the cemetery used in the Stephen King movie "pet cemetery". We could have been shown Stephen Kings house but we passed as it was in Bangor and which we skirted going by Maine General hospital.

The closer we got to the coast, from Bangor east the traffic was overwhelming. In Ellis forget it. We did eat at a lobster pound across from the cabin we were in. Didn't get lobster as it was in my oponion a tourist trap. One 1.5 lb lobster for 23$. No thanks. We get them here for 4.99-7.99 a pound.

Got more pictures geting developed. Probably wait and save posting ride pictures till winter when theres nothing elsr to do.