1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

CB radio problems

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Mayor, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Art_NJr

Art_NJr New Member

"What we have here ..... is failure to communicate", as the famous movie saying goes :roflmao:

The point I was trying to make is that adjusting the squelch on YOUR radio does not make YOUR transmission go one inch farther & the comment I quoted seemed to indicate that it would.
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

3. Mayor

Mayor New Member

For a new guy here I hope I have not started a fight.....Problem is sometimes Toni pushes the PTT and it goes forward and increases squelch and sometimes she pulls back when pushing the Push To Talk and decreases squelch......I have to zoom by her, pull her over and reset the squelch. She now understands the squelch and is learning to reset it by pushing back or forward according to ground noise......Thanks for all the information.....load coil was my problem to start with....got it fixed......still need to make sure about the standing wave.....I am an "ol rachet jaw" from way back!! Only trouble is NOW I am just old!
  4. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

We don't argue here we just agree to disagree at times, keeps it interesting. :) You should have been here when Bike Talk originally started back in the 90's. One guy just about ruined it and that was the main force that created Bike Talk. God have I been here that long.
  5. Mayor

Mayor New Member

Agree to disagree is the best rule..
  6. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

seems like I remember that
    or not
    Been a while.