1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Changed tire on a lift "break in"/balance beads

Discussion in 'Projects' started by voodoo1, May 9, 2009.

1. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

[O got a balancer too nut wanted see what the beads did. I also got a few sets of beads in "nearby pouch just in case" they are not for balancing tires but ya might get to see some good stuff. Now throw your leg over that:D

Later:cool:
    Voo1[/QUOTE]

That should read; I got a balancer too. just want to see what the beads did.
    Sorry about that.
    later:cool:
    Voo1
  2. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

yer right there isn't as much rubber in a tube to wear through
  3. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

very small

these beads are not much bigger than few grains of sand and stick statically in the tire where need they really do not roll around much. I get a chance I'll take pic of them. Really do not think friction will be an issue. Any problems though I'll let ya all know. my buddy's sporty has had them in there two years now. No problems. That tire really needed balanced and no one would because he did not have them sell it to him. We could have did it at my home but he wanted to try the beads, so beads in and 95mph nothing of the slightest wobble.
    Hey ya know I still am weary of fuel injection and will not have a bike wiht it for now, so I understand hesitations very well. I really do not an electronic throttle or a Honda bike that **** six gears at a predetermined shift point. NO WAY!!!! NOT ME!!!!
    Later ya all!!:cool:
    Voo1
  4. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Well Voo1 I rode my 6 speed fuel injected Ultra 265 miles yesterday to the coast and back going over MT ranges and hills and got 48 MPG running at 65-70 MPH, that's with a passenger on back. Loved it, she ran smooth, quit and yep it actually got up to 87 F. That 96 inch motor performs very well. Really like those Monster Ovals from V&H. Running Red line Syn 20-50 motor, Redline shock proof gear oil in tranny and HD primary oil. OH yea, I really love that 6 gal tank to and she's all HD.
  5. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

lol

yup sounds good....FLHT...... ;)

Later
    Voo1
  6. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Running the Dyna Beads now and after 800 miles I have to admit I love 'em. No more need to get someone with a balancer, and no more crappy looking weights on the rims.

My only concern is will it be a PITA when I have to change the tire? Even if it is, seems worth it to me.
  7. 5558

5558 New Member

When you change tires you can save the beads and reuse them or just use the shop vac and suck them up
  8. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Thanks, 5558 - I'll make sure I do that. Would be even cooler to be able to reuse them. Dang, I am sold on the beads, though I wouldn't be if I was in the tire business. Bet they'll learn to charge extra for taking 'em out and replacing 'em to make up for the loss of balancing fees. Still, at twice the costs they're worth it, because if I ever lose beads I've got a bigger problem than when ya throw a balancing weight.