1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Chopper vs Harley.

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by troy boy, Aug 19, 2005.

1. troy boy

troy boy New Member

Can any harley dealer get a aftermarket motor on for you or do you have to go somewhere that actually builds them.
  2. Killer-B

Killer-B New Member

Motor

Well, if you mean: can you go on down to Harley and pay them a huge amount of money to ‘get’ you an ‘after-market-motor’, lets say, an S&S motor, and/or have them put it in? I really don’t know,(Because I would never consider it, $$$$) but I guess so.
    You would also void any warranty if you hade one.

What one normally does, is, have an independent shop do it, or, you do it yourself.

Now, to “go somewhere that actually builds them,” What one would normally do is find the motor that you want or H.P your looking for and order it, have it delivered to your home, or to the shop that’s doing the work. Or you can have an indy-shop do both the building of the motor and the R&R.

Now this point-of-view is from the shade-tree in the hood, I’m sure there is other ideas/point-of-views out there. I never really tried to explain this course of action before, so, I hope its not too confusing.
    :eek: :confused:
  3. troy boy

troy boy New Member

Thanks for that bit of info.What sort of warranty do you get with these motors.Is it only 12 months and a certain amount of kilometers or miles.Or do you recieve more depending on who builds it?
  4. Killer-B

Killer-B New Member

That was not very clear was it,,,
    I mean if you still had an warranty on your bike from Harley at the time of new/different motor install.

Most warranties are one year, I think Revtech gives two years.
  5. troy boy

troy boy New Member

Thats a pretty good warranty for something that would be given a bit of stick,within reason.Do you have to change pipes if you change to a revtech engine.