1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Christmas Lights

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by MSHax, Nov 25, 2012.

1. popeye

popeye Active Member

If everything goes according to plan, in just under 5 years EVERY note I have including my home will be paid in full.
  2. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

Fatboy, you'll never be able to retire with expenses like those. My prop. taxes are $200/yr (seniors rate); homeowners insurance $200/yr for $270k house; ALL utils (water, elect, nat. gas, sewer) are $100-125/mo; gasoline currently $3.25/gal; heating is included with utils. above. Scenery: priceless.

Don't know where else in US has such a good deal for retirees.

View out my front window

Attached Files:

3. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

I didn't remember the home owners insurance, mine is $1400 for a $450,000+ house. I am certain that is going to go up a significant amount to pay for "Sandy".
    Beautiful view! As far a great deal for retirees, FLHTbiker has a spare room that I plan on moving into!
    :roflmao:
  4. alex the dog

Either you have followed a careful plan over the years or you are a lucky man. I'll still have a mortgage when I die. My best plans never worked that well, but I'm happy.
  5. MountainCruiser

MountainCruiser Well-Known Member

You know what they say, if you want to hear God laugh, tell him your plans... ;)
  6. popeye

popeye Active Member

We were living in high cotton, even with the recession. Then came cash for clunkers, which nearly wiped me out. I've cut things to the bone and figured out I make more money w/o employees at this time.
    I decided that even though we were making it that wasn't enough. I sold my dually and a whole bunch of other luxuries. Then I did the math and it should be easy to be free and clear w/in 5 years.

But yes anything can happen......
  7. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

If I could get the wife to move I would sell out and buy in AZ where I can get the same house for half. That way we could be mortgage free and have money left over. But, she won't move :gah:
  8. MUDFLAP

MUDFLAP New Member

Get a new wife then. :rolleyes:
  9. alex the dog

Wait!!! Fatboy128 is on his way out there right now! Sez you will provide free room and board. Can I come too? I promise I won't stay out late or come home drunk..........heh heh.
  10. MSHax

MSHax New Member

I like my HOA. I wanted to move to a nicer area for my kids to go to the best schools, figured that's the best time to go smaller and save money. It's funny that I moved into a place with a HOA simply because I know me, and I don't want to live near me. I'm the guy who at any given time will have bikes/cars/boats torn apart waiting to get put back together or waiting for parts. I seriously had a camaro torn apart in my driveway sitting on stands in my last house. That car was apart for almost a year, no pressure to put it back together. Now I can't just tear things apart and leave it because if it doesn't run, or even has a flat tire, they fine you. Now all my projects are put back together before 9pm.

As far as the HOA and lights go though, I DEFINITELY think I am doing something wrong, I am the ONLY house with lights or any decorations. It's kinda funny looking to see this long block of dark houses, then mine. :p I'll have to post pictures tonight, stuck at work sick today.

It's also funny to hear the differences in prices people pay. My brother lives in a little slice of hell called muskegon heights michigan, he bought his house for $7,000. Nope, didn't make a typo, it was 7 thousand. That's half of what I paid for my last motorcycle, and he bought an entire house. I paid 700,000, I can't even imagine a house for $7k. I told him if he gets a $7,000 house foreclosed on, I will personally punch him square in the mouth.
  11. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

Yeah...It is simply amazing what you X dollars can you in various parts of the country...But I like where I am...
  12. Fatboy128

:eek: Wait a minute! Just hold on there!!! :eek: Whats this crap about not being able to stay out late and drink too much?!!? :cussing: For get it! I'm not coming there to live. :gah:
  13. Fatboy128

So lets get his straight, I should get rid of one woman and get me another? In other words I have been shot in one foot so I should shoot myself in the other? Or, I have bamboo slivers under the fingernails of my right hand so I should go and get bamboo slivers inserted under the nails of my left hand? Or, there is a stake stuck in my right eye I should...
    :banghead:
  14. alex the dog

Yeah, values are all over the place when it comes time to buying a house. I retired early because my employer asked me to move to the San Francisco regional office with only a 5% pay increase. I told him he would have to give me a 50% pay increase in order to buy a house there.

At the same time, I have a friend who bought a 10 yr old house in Ellenwood, KS for $4,000! Great if you're a farmer, otherwise no work=foreclosure. Same in MI. He may be knocking on your door after all.
  15. MSHax

MSHax New Member

Only a 5% pay increase from Co to San Francisco? WTF!?! I know people that pay over $3500 a month rent on a 1 bedroom apartment in SF.

$4,000 is just scary low. I could never move back to Kansas, I was only 11 when I lived there for a summer and I still have nightmares of the boredom. :D
  16. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

got the tree in the yard done........and the front porch...whew!!

Attached Files:

17. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

my wife is soooo proud of me!!!!!!
  18. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I heard CB wants IOU to come over and do his to
  19. MSHax

MSHax New Member

OMG!! That is soo funny! It might be the cold medicine, but I can't stop laughing. I was untangling lights a few years back and almost snapped, I was going to do something similar to that ball of lights. :D
  20. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

LIved in Foster City, rent in the 90's was $1K for a one bdrm
    in the city $$$ easy...

Only affordable was over in the central valley but then you're
    a couple of hours on the road daily with tolls...

BTW i got the tree up,

Attached Files: