1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Chucks piglet

Discussion in 'Projects' started by chucktx, May 27, 2008.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

cool, i am almost ready to paint!!!!!:D :roflmao:
  2. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

Can I Just Send You My Tin's Next Winter?
  3. chucktx

yes you can, no problem.....................:)
  4. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

Thanks, I'll Remember.
  5. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Man Chuck your just strolling right along with the piglet look's real good :cool:
  6. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

Hey Chuck, looking sweet. That gas tank tho looks the same as the one we put on the Sporty and it developed cracks where the rear mounting tabs are welded on. We think it was from the vibration, better put some isolaters there to absord the vibes so you don't end up with the same problem.
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2008
  7. chucktx

lucifer, it has isolators on it.....it came with them. the tank has a lot of miles on it and so far, so good......i have been busy, this bike has to be ready by this comming thursday.....taking a 10 day trip.
    there will be about 14 bikes. were going to the hill country then head back east across texas, maybe into memphis or the plantations of louisiana....dont know yet.....here are a few more pics of what i have been doing.....

fired it off, sounds good. no leaks...all the electrical works......need to put the pegs on and aircleaner, then a test burn!!!!!!!!!! tomorrow is another day!!

Attached Files:

8. cowboy

Man that's taking a good shape , & more then enough room to strape a bed rool to the sissy bar , to make a good back rest for the long haul , & the seat look's to have a good bounce to it :D
  9. Lucifer

Yeah ,I kinda worded it wrong. Thats good its got a lotta miles on it , when I was up at the garage yesterday, I told my bud about your piglet project and the stretch tank you got on it,I couldn't remember what he said he was going to put around the welds so I said isolaters, he's putting urathane over the welds to seal it 'cause its plyable and fuel resistant and also told me another Indy bud of his on the mainland had the same thing happen to his Sporty with the stretch tank. Where the mounting tabs are welded to the tank are suspect. There are rubber isolaters on both of them too. I really hope you got a good one, but keep an eye on it, there was at least a season of riding on both the ones here that started leaking, and a PIA to fix after they're all painted.
    Oh yeah, be careful going under hydro lines with that sissy bar. LOL
  10. Art_NJr

Art_NJr New Member

You should have a great time & more fun than on a Geezer Glide - as long as a power line or overhanging tree branch doesn't catch that sissy bar :roflmao: Looking forward to the pics :cool:
  11. chucktx

well, i am not riding the piglet.........gonna ride the geezer glide with the tunes and pull a trailer...........no bags on a few of the bikes.........
    got it on the ground and going to race the wind tomorrow....after i install a good battery. the one the owner brought wont hold a charge.........:)

Attached Files:

12. Art_NJr

Art_NJr New Member

Ah - I misunderstood you - Sportster looks great though. I've got the same situation with the battery on my '95 - had my voltmeter hooked to it while it was on the charger & when I unplugged the charger, the voltage dropped a 10th every couple minutes. Oh well, that battery's 4 years old.
  13. Lucifer

Nice job Chuck.. Sporty looks real good.
  14. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

the way it looks, great by the way, with that spring seat how bout going with strutts. I also have another term for the geezer glide, the party machine, my buddy called his that, he put in plugs on the bottom of his hard bags and used them as icechest, he toted all the booze and had the tunes:roflmao:
  15. chucktx

i wanted to put it in a hard tail or weld one on it.....owner didnt want to so................ took it out and took it through its paces.......did great on all accounts.....all 883 are there......handles really great. a bit small for me, but the guy that will ride it is on the small side and is used to riding a sporty over in england........tomorrow is clean up day!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)
  16. cowboy

Look's real good down on the floor , I do like the tank style & the flame job
  17. chucktx

thanks y'all........it was fun building it. it has been a few years since i have built a bike,,,,,last one was my pan....frame out on it also..........:)
  18. Seahag

Seahag New Member

Nice work Chuck...Thanks for sharing the project with us.:cool: since the seat got a set of spring suspenders, the bike sure could have benefitted from a set of cut down shocks I think. That boat tail fender leaves too large a gap between it and the tire IMO.

Wish I had the space and tools you've got to tackle more projects like this....maybe someday.:rolleyes:
  19. chucktx

couple more pics in the yard...........

Attached Files: