1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Colorado Riding

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Red Rider, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

I'll keep that in mind. I could meet you for a food/drink break or something, but unless you're going to be riding West for a thousand miles or so then riding together somewhere doesn't fit my plan.

:cheers:
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I've rode A good part of this country & prefer the western side except cal
  3. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

:roflmao::roflmao:

Mine too, but thanks Sleepy, I'll check it out.

I was thinking I'll just follow the other bikes. Listen for the roar and head that way :D
  4. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Northern Ca. is OK but below Redding, no thanks.
  5. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

It don't matter, I could ride to the border with you which would be about 200 miles if you are coming from the east. Let me know when you about to head out. :cool:
  6. Tomflhrci98

Red, Don't sugar coat it, tell us how you real feel. :roflmao:

I don't care to go back to Jersey either. I went to High School near Philly and used to go to the shore all the time. I can't watch that Jersey reality TV show. It makes me want to vomit. But I miss the state of Pennsylvania.
  7. Tomflhrci98

Now wait a minute. I resemble that remark.
    I'd go as far as - anything north of Bishop and east of Fresno,
  8. FLHTbiker

I was in Philly once and will never go back there. Got to be the dirtiest city I have ever seen, and we made sure the car doors were locked driving through there. Went up where Washington spent the winter, was OK there but they should give Philly to New Jersey.
  9. FLHTbiker

South of Sacramento is scary :eek:
  10. Tomflhrci98

yeah but...... ummmm..... but..... screw it, your right :D

I'm sentimental about some of the good parts, but if you take a wrong turn you have to wonder if they have regular trash pick-ups. All the same I have no real need to go back. No family there anymore.

I used to work in the town of Fort Washington just south of that historical land mark.
  11. Tomflhrci98

But you miss the sierras, South Tahoe, Yosamite, Mono Lake, Monmouth lake. There is some nice riding there.

I think what you really meant to say is - stay to the right of Sacramento and you'll be OK :D
  12. JohnnyBiker

Should have had a sidearm wit ya?? :eek: I would have left you alone.:D
  13. FLHTbiker

I was in Fort Washington for training when I purchased a transmission shop franchise a few years back (big mistake). That area was OK, :) people were normal looking up there.
  14. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

15. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

I am sure we can figure something out, I am marking Saturday July 30 as the date. time and place tbd
  16. Red Rider

:hijacked:

Folks, I appreciate the stream of conciousness going on here, but how the heck did this thread get to California when it was clearly one of the few states that I was NOT going to be riding to or through?

So, anyway - anyone else want to meet while I wander around? Got ultra200922, HarleysLR and JohnnyBiker as possibles. Hot01, you in? Ice tea is cool, too!
  17. JohnnyBiker

Hey Red, if we head west on MN Highway 7 we will come to town called Montivideo. They have a great place to eat there, a lot of bike travel. Then since we are heading west we hook up on U.S. 212 west to Watertown S.D. Just a thought.?
  18. Red Rider

Montivideo sounds like a nice break from the freeway. It is about 500 miles from Racine, so a good time for a break. Would probably be there around the afternoon of the 4th or maybe 5th of August (Thurs/Fri), depending on my departure date from WI. Would that work? Could link up with others and stay the night thereabouts if it were to become an event, though 500 miles would make it a short day for me...not too short to consider, though, by any means.
  19. JohnnyBiker

I could meet up with you at my dealership in Eden Prairie MN called Wild Prairie Harley Davidson. It is just off of I494 west going through Eden Prairie. Then head out from there. Either the 4th or the 5th would work. Weekends are no good for me due to that I work every weekend. :banghead: Monti is about 70 miles from where I live and Watertown S.D. is about 145 miles from where I live. That would be a good ride. :cool:
  20. Red Rider

Sounds good, and the weekdays work better for me, too, as that'll keep me movin' on the way I want.

I'm gonna restart this thread in the Trips & Trails section later tonight or so, now that it looks like there'll be some Bike Talk member contact going on. Also so I can (hopefully) keep the thread focused on the who/what/where/when of the ride.

So now everyone can feel free to comment on any frickin' thing that gooses their backside on this thread!:roflmao:

:cheers: