1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Combat boots

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Red Rider, Mar 21, 2008.

1. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

I remember being issued those micky mouse boots also...but the ones I had were black....in Germany. They were warm, but heavy and cumbersome.... ALSO, big problem with them was people enjoyed having warm feet to the point they would not change their socks for days/weeks.....the cases of winter Trench Foot was awful.....they would be laid up in bed for weeks letting their feet heal.....then they would loose a stripe because they had been told repeatedly to make sure socks were changed daily to prevent just this..... and they assured leaders that they had....(it was quite obvious who had and had not changed their socks.....after a few days, heat and wet, not only was the foot going to hell, but the socks rotted also.....)
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I was also station in Alaska , back in 1969 & we also had the M&M boot's blow them up & feet stayed real warm , I was in the Motor pool keeping all there truck s & anything else that had wheels & A engine running so those boot came in real handy @ 30 or so below :eek: