1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Cowboy really needs........

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by chucktx, May 15, 2011.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Of course I will....We are all family here and when one of them is down like this we all need to pull together....Family and all......:cool:
  2. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

Yep, thanks JB, was probably as good of news as we could get on the boys, prayers are still flowing here.
  3. Daxx169

Daxx169 New Member

Holy smokes. Terrible news, glad to hear that it sounds like both kids will be alright. Tell Cowboy if he needs some ice, we'll fire some down from up here!
  4. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

Sorry I missed this. My best wishes to Cowboy and family.
  5. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear of the injuries to the kids, and the loss of the horses. The kids are Cowboy's cowboys - so if anyone could recover, they will. Just an awful accident. Stay tough, and God bless!
  6. JohnnyBiker

I spoke to Cowboy over the phone last night and Adam is now home. It sounded like Cowboy and the family are looking into the legal aspects of things to get a jump start. They do not have the police report just yet but he said he wanted to be on top of this. Through some texting I had also asked how the kids spirits were and Red, you hit it on the head that they are touch as nails, just like Cowboy. Adam is walking with a neck brace, back brace and a walker. It sounds like Timothy is laying low trying to stay out of sunlight or any light as it does bother him because of the head trauma. Other than this there is not a lot different.

As expected, Cowboy sounds tired. He is defiantly the patriarch of the family and deserves a metal for his resilience..
  7. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

So sorry to hear this. I'm a little late, but I'll throw my prayers up as well.
  8. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I want to Thank My good friend Chuck & my yankee brother JB for starting this & keeping up with it & & want to Thank all of you for all your prayers & good thoughts
    Adam has a long Row to Hoe to get even close to be back where he was & at just 30yrs old & his determination he will do it , But he is worryed about being able to drive a truck(18 wheeler) again, he will be in all the braces for at least 3 months , but again he's strong in both mind & body & has a good wife to support him as well as all of us
    Timothy will be out of school for the rest of the year , with slite sweeling of the brain ( front of his head ) a decent size cut on the back of his head & brusies on his lungs , & he's also strong in Both mind & body & at just 14yrs old will come threw good ,Tim plays a lot of sports , football, basket ball & track & field , Doc said foot ball is up in the air for now & said wont know about it till at least Aug & we all know how a 14 yr old can be about listing he want to just get up & go , so I had to reel him in a bit , But the good news is there both still here , :D Yes Both the wife & I are very tired haven't slept well since last friday evening , We did talk to the first lawyer today :eek:, My cowgirl (wife ) is making a new list of lawyers to call on monday
  9. JohnnyBiker

We wre on the phone the other night but you had to split.....Was everything OK????
  10. cowboy

Yes now it is hasd to run over to Adams house & give him a hand He got dowm on the couch & needed help getting back off of it & into his chair & at 6ft & 280 his wife was having a hard time with him , he was just trying to see if he could do it , My son-inlaw & daughter bought him one of those recliners that stand him up & lower to set him down , & he use's it but wanted to see if the couch was better , he just uses his new chair now :D
  11. JohnnyBiker

Ok cool.....:cool:
  12. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Can't tell you how terrible I feel for you guys. So glad to know the news of your boys and so very sorry you all are having to face all this. I really mean this when I say if any thing I can do to help you let me know. Understand about working on the bike right now but remember to that working on the bike can also be a stress reliever for you. Praying for you all and for a full recovery for the boys.
  13. cowboy

Thank you FLHT Thats means alot prays work for now , Bit for now it's the legal battle that's going to be hard , as the kid that was driving , was driving his girl friends car , Both under 18 so now there will be at least 4 insurences companys involved , under Texas law this is just like a rear end car accident with the exception of the horses they should fall under my home owners :fight: The one lawyer we talked to today sounds good but his fee is kinda high plus exspences on top of that :eek:
  14. JohnnyBiker

Since the horse falls under the home owners, maybe you an get that softail that you have been thinking about?????
  15. cowboy

LOL that would be nice , & were going to want a bit before looking at more Horses , Adam & I have to let the wifes settle down a bit on the Horses , But he & I are already talking about getting more :D
  16. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Terrible tragedy. Glad to hear the boys will recover. Cowboy, if you read this, my prayers and thoughts go out to you and your family.
  17. cowboy

Ok we took Tim up to Houston today & had the staples removed from the back of his head , all is going good with him , But that place is a huge PITA the lady said I have to fill out this small book about him,I said just type in his name cause these docs are the ones that put him back together she said we can't do that :rant: then she did'nt tall the wife we needed all his insurence papers when she made the appt & told us to re sheulded (sp) then I went off after a 50 mile drive about why did'nt she tell us that when she call & set this up :fight: dame good thing Adam was with me ( he sent me to a corner) & got a email addy & called my wife to email a copy , the Hospital is right across the street , they have tunnels & over walkways but can't push a button on a puter to get the info she needed:wtf::banghead: then after a few hours Adam ask what taking so long , oh he's running abot 1&1/2 hours behind :eek: so we took there papers & started to basket ball with them ,took them about 30 min to get us in the back & remove tims staple 's & out the door :roflmao:,& had them transfer all his info to another Doc's office & said never again here :angry:
  18. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

What a pain, I let the wife handle all the paper work:D I hate going to big cities.:cussing:
  19. cowboy

most of the time she does , But she had a lot of work to do at work , so we were on our own , she works right under the Director of a collage run Police acadamy & had a class grad to night