1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Cowboy's Conversion.....

Discussion in 'Projects' started by JohnnyBiker, May 6, 2011.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

sounds great cowboy!!!!!! take it out early in the morning or nite, cause if ya go in the day, you will end up a grease spot due to spontaneous combustion!!!!!!!!!!!! :) 100+ here!!:witsend:
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

:eek::roflmao: same down here HOT HOT , going to the swap tomorrow in stinkadeana at the fair grounds , to see if i can find the tank adapter for the tank , the carb sounds much better , once it's all together I,ll ride over to my locol indy & have him read to code for the engine light staying on
  3. cowboy

Ok got the adapter to day :D will mount the tank & seat & see if she come out of the garage in this heat , they saying 100 tomorrow :gah:
  4. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

This is awesome my friend.......It won't be long now...
  5. cowboy

:D:D:D:D took her out this evening , I was just going around the block(about two miles) then the OL came out & sent me to the store about 10 miles round trip , Did'nt get into it just a nice cruise , all sounded good & no leaks , all H D gaskets this time :D I need to update the plates & good to go & try to put about 500 miles on her to brake the top end in , carb is great so far I have'nt changed the jets yet ,I'am going to see how they handle sea level , & I still need to get by the indy shop so he can read the engine light code , Might take a few days or so to get the 500 miles , Have to talk with the lawyer tomorrow & call some Docs to get Tim s info tranfered down here from HOUston:eek:
  6. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

That's great man so glad to her yea got it running and your riding her again. Bet you had a big smile. :)
  7. JohnnyBiker

:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant: I see how you are!!!! :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:
  8. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

Good to hear it's running fine and you have your knees in the breeze again:chopper:
  9. cowboy

Man had wet dreams last night about riding , I knew all this rain would come when i got my bike running:roflmao: still hot as all get out here hit 105 yesterday , & there saying 98 today with the heat index over 100 again :angry::gah:
  10. JohnnyBiker

The temp here where I am from is 100* with a heat index of 102*Humidity is low at only 28% with a dew point of 61 Wiiiindyyy!!! :D

BTW Cowboy.....:gah::gah::gah::wtf::wtf:
  11. FLHTbiker

I like our temps 65* partly sunny, :) just right
  12. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Gheez in another two weeks you'll be complaining about snow drifts.... :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
  13. JohnnyBiker

This weather doesn't bother me so much....neither does winter....
  14. FLHTbiker

JB, winter SUCKS:gah: in another two weeks we'll be 70-80 degrees. At least we don't have to spend the summer months locked up inside cause its to hot to go for a ride. Don't know how those Texas boys handle it down there.
  15. JohnnyBiker

Why does winter suck? You just get up on a snowmobile and go tear it up on one of those..... No need to be locked up in the house... Now rain sucks!!:roflmao:
  16. FLHTbiker

I can still ride my bike in the rain but not in the snow. Don't like snowmobiles either.
  17. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

cowboy, that is great news!!!!!!! glad all is good, especially round' the house....
  18. cowboy

Thanks chuck , just got back from about 45 mile ride , a lot cooler at night , going to try & get by my Indy shop wed & see if he can read the code
  19. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

If you need to buy a vehicle with skis on the front and rubber tracks on the rear to
    get around, it's too dang far north LOL
  20. FLHTbiker

I guess somebody has to live up there cause otherwise we would all have those dang northern Yankee's moving in either down south or out west. :rolleyes: :D