1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Custom Exhaust

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by JohnnyBiker, Nov 27, 2010.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

probably much like yours..............with a stick!!!!!!!!
  2. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Stick what
  3. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

I just say :witsend: :gah:
  4. cardboard

If'n you'd just hand him a thousand dollars cash he could git whatever he wanted.:rant:
  5. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

only if it was that easy! He is not deprived in any way!!! :cool:
  6. cardboard

Mabe you should deprive little Johnny a little
    Might be fun
  7. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

:roflmao: See but that's where I'm not mean! :D
  8. cardboard

JB I was talkin to the Dyno man today. He builds bikes and races them at Daytona.
    Asked him about the RB racing pipe. Told him I knew somebody with a Sporty that wanted one.

He said that a lot of people paid good money for them but they didn't dyno out or perform good at all.
    He said he wasn't happy with the performance of them.

He was saying something about was it SAmpson come out with a brand new 2i1 pipe he liked on a Sporty

I'm not sure if this is it or not

http://www.samsonusa.com/C2-754.html

It has a video on the samson link

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2010
  9. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

:wtf: CB, the link goes to a Pioneer Learning Center
  10. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Thank You
  11. FLHTbiker

Looks good, those should work well with a Sporster. CB I see you changed your link, works now.
  12. JohnnyBiker

A lot of good information in this thread. I went back to look a t the milion links to different exhausts that are posted here and there was one that if I needed to absolutely change my pipes, I would buy as well as the Bassani's, but it is just a bitch, they don't make them anymore and I am seeing that the pipe from the ehad is 2', not what I need. They were the RB Racing mega Megs...
  13. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

get the bassani part # and do a search on e bay there is a warehouse that stocks the pipes on there i have found a lot of new old stock pipes on there
  14. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Stay away from rb racing. Biggest pia outfit selling pipes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. JohnnyBiker

I was referring mostly to the style of the pipes.
  16. JohnnyBiker

Well, I sat down with a custom pipe maker yesterday and I like how the conversation went. I may end up getting a set of pipes made. A lot of this decision is dependent on if I can tune my bike to get the power that I want or not with the pipes that I have. The second one is if the custom pipes will cost me more than lets say a set of Bassani Pro Streets....
  17. cardboard

If you could buy a set of supertrapp or a set of Bassini 2in1 for less and git greater performance why would you look at having a set of custom pipes made ? You have something to talk about that nobody else has ?
    The look different ?
    Do you think these folks Like Supertrapp and Bassini has not been in business and got people they sponsored and done research to come up with what they have, and they have not done any homework ?
    Do you think they haven't studied the reversion with their pipes.

Sounds like you are still headed toward Looks not performance. And if that is the case why are you spending money having the bike dynoed, thinkin about heads. cams and stuff. YOu are headed backward to me for no reason.

When you look at a build you look at a total build and head in that direction.
    If you stray from the build you are breakin down the build.:rant:
    And when folks that has done it try to help, you shrug them off and do it different.
    Buildin motors is not something new. A lot of people has done their homework and a lot of companies has spent countless hours and money to git where they are.
    A lot of folks have invested their lives in makin money at what they do.
    This Ball ain't gonna be reinvented. Its tried and proven.
    I ain't a college graduate and can't do it with the numbers like HRK and BaggerPaul. I'm a retired Locksmith, I do understand motors a little.
    I'm not in business to calculate the numbers on a motor.
    Don't have to be.
    But I do know folks that do that for a living and know how to calculate the numbers and will guide me toward a combination that will put me where I want to be.
    They have done their homework.
  18. FLHTbiker

CB, he is stubborn and like a horse with blinders on, he ain't gonna listen to you. Why waist the energy? There seems that there are a few here he listens to but still really does not listen. Let him learn the hard way. :rolleyes:
  19. JohnnyBiker

Today I had a conversation with my Indy and discussed custom exhausts. I told him what my concerns are which are proper performance and of course looks.

I was able to check into the reputation of the custom pipe builder that I went to go see yesterday, and I was able to do that with my indy. I went to his place and I saw that he does really nice work. He builds 2-1, 2-2 in many configurations.:cool: His 2-1 pipes were pretty nice, almost nice enough for me to that way, but then reality hit me and I remembered that I HATE 2-1 EXHAUST SYSTEMS!!:banghead:

If this pipe builder can build and finish the exhaust for at or under what a set of Bassani Pro Streets cost, then I will have him build them, if not, then it is the Bassani Pro Streets that will go on..
  20. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

That was some funny **** right there. I don't care who you are that's funny **** .he will. Be alright. Maybe? Someday :roflmao: