1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Custom Exhaust

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by JohnnyBiker, Nov 27, 2010.

1. BluePearl

BluePearl New Member

I resemble that remark!!! :gah: :gah:
  2. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Really !
  3. BluePearl

BluePearl New Member

Yup I got an Ol'mans bike with cool pipes! ;)
  4. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

I might decide to get a 2 into 1 exhaust from RB Racing called the Pros Stocks. These would be the only 2 into 1"s that I would buy. other than that I would probably go with the Martin Bother Trendkills or the Ba

Blue Pearl, you have a nice looking bike Brother!!!
  5. BluePearl

BluePearl New Member

Thanks JB It's gettin there - Big Bore kit this week and some more paint in January - no more pin stripes on tour pak / saddle bags then just the tank to decide what to do with that pin stripe?
    Need to find the right emblem :banghead::banghead::banghead:

IMG_3591.jpg IMG_3590.jpg
  6. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I like the way you had the inner fairing painted. Did you pull it off yourself to get it painted.
  7. BluePearl

BluePearl New Member

Yes sir and put in the J&M speakers at same time, took me about 4 hrs for total tear down! Re-assembly was a little longer with re-adjusting and all.
  8. cardboard

Went up to the Indy shop and spent 4 hours talkin to the owner and head mechanic.
    He builds bikes that Haul A*S too.
    Was talkin to him about the R&B racing pipes.. And his 1st statement was , why would anybody want to call R&B racing and have a set of pipes built. They will be too expensive and you are going to loose Power all across the board. These Pipes are for bigger horse motors that have one thing in mind.
    There are too many pipe mfg that has put time into build'n pipes that do a lot more for yer bike.

Dunno..... is all i could say.

Confusion Say, I'm confused........:cussing:
  9. JohnnyBiker

Did the conversation talk about dual or 2 into 1's? I personally did get the impression from RB's site that they were more of specialty manufacturer. their whole site is filled with racing stuff. No big deal, but is another reason why I am not convinced that they are the pipe for me. That, and I have heard from a couple different people that the guy is just a flat dink.

I think the best course of action that I should take is to have my scoot put on the dyno so I can get an idea of what power I am making now with the pipes that I have on and current baffles. I then want to switch the baffles out and put some Big City Thunder Baffles in and back on the dyno it goes. If I am not happy with what I see, then go from there.

It is obvious from this discussion and others with a variety of people that this is a subject that is relative. Relative to what? Relative to experience, and to individual desired result.

I have thought about this long and hard. I guess I am more after looks than what I am in brute performance. I can get my scoot to perform darn close to how I want it to through other modifications, and ones that I will not take away from how my bike looks. this is important to me because I put a lot of thought into how my bike looks.

All I know for a fact is that 2/1 are out of the question. I really tried to like them, but I just can't.
  10. cardboard

The builder has a few of the fastest bikes running around up here.
    And he's build a lot of Sportsters. He just build a sporty that had 100+ hp
    He build a Custom Sportster for a friend named Doug that won 1st place at the Rats Hole bike show at the Lonestar Rally 2010. Seen it on the wall at his shop today.

The Rat's Hole

Click on upcoming shows on the link and watch the pictures

The subject started when a customer come in talkin about R&B racing pipes for his sporty.
    R&B build race pipes. Not pipes for normal bikes.
    And you got to wait and they are expensive too.

Then the subject changed to the DArkside that I posted a while back.
  11. cardboard

He built this per the customer "Doug " request. This bike is hardly ever rode.
    But look at the Engine.

[​IMG]
  12. cardboard

This bike is hardly ridden, its pulled in a trailer and kept in Dougs garage.
    Doug has more than one bike too.

[​IMG]
  13. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

looks the typical trailer queen.......lots of chrome and no road grime...........?????????
  14. cardboard

Man Doug has like 4 bikes. He has a softail that Bert built for him that he rides all the time. You know a Custom show bike ain't for riding ....:gah:

Anyway Doug carries around a Oxygen bottle cause he smokes and won't quit.
    So if you see him on the bike he has a Oxygen bottle in a pack on his back.
  15. JohnnyBiker

What is that sitting on the rear rocker box?? Is that an oil pressure gauge??
  16. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Looking at that seat in relation to the exhaust it does not look like you would want to ride very far on it anyway.
  17. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i know some dudes with bad legs that carry a cane around so they can walk................
  18. cardboard

Next to the head is a oil pressure guage. Seen the bike in the Shop when Bert was building it.
    Show bikes ain't fer riding. They are for Showing.
    OCC bikes are show trophy's, Not built to ride but to the bar and back.
    Up here the bar is too far away oh.:rant:

If yer retired, you got to have a hobby. Having a show bike build for you gives you something to do.
    Doug won 1st place from the bike Bert Built. Doug gave the trophy to bert to put in his shop.
    Dougs wife used to make 6 figures until a few months ago.
  19. JohnnyBiker

I thought that was a gauge. Are those gauges good because I was looking at putting one on. I found one that place in Wisconsin has and I liked it, just wasn't sure about the location? Will that get in the way of your leg??? I agree, that bike is not for riding. Eventually, a show bike is what my Sporty is going to be...
  20. cardboard

YOu can call the dude and he can tell you what guage it is and you can git one from him. It can be delivered to yer front door.
    Posted the phone number too.
    Hes closed WED and thursday. Open the rest of the week and weekend.