1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Cv carb S&S manifold

Discussion in 'CV Performance' started by Madsen69, May 12, 2020.

1. Madsen69

Madsen69 New Member

Hello gents
    I am installing a CV carb,with a Press on type flange, on my 1340 shovelhead. And would like some advise
    1. At the moment it is mounted to a S&S manifold, Will the difference in diameter between cv carb and manifold be a problem ( disturbe the flow ) should i get a OEM style bendix / keihin type manifold where the diameter matches the cv carb better.
    2. Do you recommend using a heat insulator between the carb and manifold
    3. The carb has the pre 92 float type, Can this float type be sourced anywhere or is it out of production.

After installing the cv, the bike is very easy to start, Kick only, and feels stronger than it did with the super E i took off. Still need to get the idle and off idle better. A lot of good info inhere on how to improve on that
    Kind regards
    Henrik