1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

CV stage 1 kit vs Sportster Needle

Discussion in 'CV Performance' started by bluedragon, Apr 28, 2011.

1. bluedragon

bluedragon New Member

Have a 2000 Deuce with Khromeworks 3hp slipons, SE breather kit, and Sportster needle from a 1988 or '89 1200 Sportster (HD part #27094-88).
    I just purchased a CV Stage 1 kit for the carb and would like to know the difference in the needle from the kit and Sportster needle, also do i need to install the entire kit and other jets or just keep the sportster needle and install some of the other jets etc etc. Most of my riding is around town with some touring. I am not looking for a rocket, just better performance. I know i should have asked this before ordering the kit, but !!!!
    Regards, BD
  2. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

I believe the kit is designed to work as a unit, I'd replace all the parts, why do it just half assed? JMO