1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

CVK Carburetor part

Discussion in 'Other CV Performance products' started by smurren, Nov 18, 2013.

1. smurren

smurren Member

Hello, new to the forum and I'm hoping you folks can help. I have a CVK 34 Carb that I am rebuilding/cleaning and when I took out the main jet/emulsion tube there was no needle jet atop of it. It is off of a Kawi Prairie 360 atv. Factory diagram shows one should be in. Is it possible that it wasn't even put in from factory? The atv has always has performance issues from new, mainly 0-1/4 throttle. The atv is running extremely rich. I have installed the CV Easy-Just mixture screw. Unfortunately, this didn't help with tuning, although I like the idea I can now get to it without any trouble when it's on the atv (good product!) The carb has never been off the atv until now, and I am positive I did not lose this part. I always disassemble/assemble in a tub to prevent part loss. Will the needle jet on the CVPerformance site fit my carb, and is it possible this will help the rich issue? Thank you to anyone who can help!
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Every CV I've dealt with has been on a motorcycle such as an HD or Yamahammer and all of them have needles, the needle should be in the slide
    comes out of the bottom of the slide into the main jet tube and rises up as pressure increases due to engine demand and throttle position.

Without a needle the main would be free to add fuel at an unmetered rate and would certainly make the engine run rich...

This is a link to a carb diagram for the CVK34 which was on a 250, same carb,
    shows the position of all the parts, there is a needle present, if you carb is missing a needle and you have a dealer close I'd go get a stock needle.

http://klr250.blogspot.com/2010/04/kawasaki-klr-250-carb-information.html
  3. smurren

smurren Member

Thanks hotroadking, I've looked at the link and it seems like I'm missing the needle JET, part #16017 on the diagram. The needle and diaphragm seem to be working as intended, just wondering if the needle jet is responsible for helping to atomize the fuel and, if not present, would that create the rich issue. Getting pretty good at tearin this thing apart. Thanks again