1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

CVP Idle Speed Screw

Discussion in 'Other CV Performance products' started by iancmiles, Apr 4, 2011.

1. iancmiles

iancmiles New Member

I've picked up many CVP Products over the last two years, and I must brag on the quality of them, and the customer service. EXCELLENT.

I'm getting ready to Install the Idle Speed Screw. What steps can I take to make install as easy as possible?
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i unscrewed the old screw, had a small magnet on a stick handy, then screwed the new one in..........pretty straight forward install.........good luck, let us know how it went!!!
  3. iancmiles

iancmiles New Member

How did you keep the 2 washers and spring from falling off only using a magnet? Did you pull the carb?
  4. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Ah yes, this can be tricky depending on how tight the space is or how large your fingers are. Sometimes you can manage to hold your index finger along the side of the screw/washer/spring/washer and guide them down close enough to the bracket hole to keep them all together. If not there are a couple of other methods.
    1) place a glob of grease just under the last washer to hold all 3 pieces on the screw while guiding it into place.
    2) Just as many swear that every tool box should include duct tape and bailing wire, I always keep some blue painters tape around. Place a piece of tape down the length of the screw over the side edge of the washer/spring/washer, just enough to hold them there while positioning the screw toward the bracket. Then pull the tape off. Unlike duct tape painters tape releases easy and won't leave any gum on parts.

If using the spring ans washers that come with idle screw kit a magnet may not grab on the stainless steel.
  5. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

yup, wheel brg grease......
  6. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

You can disassemble the whole air cleaner set up for easier access. Just a thought. :)
  7. JTrex

JTrex Member

I have an 03 SuperGlide and there is no way I can turn that screw with my fingers