1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

CVP idle speed screw

Discussion in 'Other CV Performance products' started by Tsportsmashin, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Tsportsmashin

Tsportsmashin Member

I noticed my idle speed screw is backing out due to vibration or throttle cam tapping screw when throttle let off. What can I do to keep screw from backing up?
  2. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

A trick I use for bicycle set screws is a light coat of nail polish on the threads. Coat the threads, screw to desired depth, 5 mins later it should be secure and easy to adjust later if needed. Not as good as loctite, but you don't want it that secure anyway.
  3. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

are you still using pink, or did you switch to chartreuse? :p

thats a good idea many do the same for grip screws on hand guns.
  4. Tsportsmashin

Tsportsmashin Member

Nail polish? Lol.. Thanks ill see if that works
  5. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Check with Kenfuzed here, send him a message I think he has an oversized idle screw
  6. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

A nice glittery blue to match my eyes works best for when I march in the pride parades.. But for the bike I'd go more subtle, maybe something from Revlon in dark red, LOL!