1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

CVP Tuners kit & DK nozzle

Discussion in 'CV Performance' started by 84FXRS, Feb 28, 2013.

1. 84FXRS

84FXRS Member

I just recieved my Tuner Kit and DK accelerator nozzle.
    Looking at them I do have two questions.
    The kit comes with a 7/64 drill, to drill the slide as an "option".
    What would the result, or purpose of drilling the slide be. I am looking to max the performance of this carb. But I would need to know the difference this optional mod would give.
    The accelerator nozzle appears to just needed to be pulled out and the new one tapped in. Is there a correct/ recommended method to
    remove
  2. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Hi 84FXRS, the drill bit can be used optionally to clean up the port on the slide and will alter the speed of the slide lift action just slightly. If you are using a new slide or ride fully loaded (touring, 2-up) then you should skip that step. The drill bit is also included to help with removal of the plug covering the mixture screw.

There are instructions on removal and installation of the accelerator pump nozzle at:
    Accelerator Pump Nozzle Installation

HTH