1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Damn Fall Season, Damn Back

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Fatboy128, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Well looks like I may have eff'd myself good. Millions of leaves to cleanup, fence posts to dig and plant, suck azz in ground pool to close and a senior citizen working like he's 21. Early last week started on the Fall chores outside. Woke with a mild lumbar ache. Through the work week it started to feel better. Friday I jumped back into the outside work. Saturday I couldn't walk. Right leg half numb the other half on fire. Right hip felt like a samurai sword stuck in it. I'm not embarrassed to say it had me in tears, moans and occasional yells. Wife took me to ER on Saturday. They listened to my symptoms gave me shots of steroids, muscle relaxer and some powerful pain killer. After a while they pushed me out the door with a few prescriptions. Can't sit, stand or lie without screaming pain. Since hospital wouldn't do it (according to them, I didn't fall so they can't Xray or MRI) I went to chiropractor he got me the Xray and a day later the MRI. The Xray came back showing my L4 slipped out of alignment. Not too bad but not bad enough for surgery (good I guess but I'm willing to have surgery done with a buck knife to get rid of this pain.) Still waiting on the MRI. past day or two through the careful touch on the Chiropractor and some screams and tears from me, I'm not as bad. Can't drive or stand without a walker. Waiting to hear back from Orthopedic doc. I was told there's no putting that L4 back in line. Really worried that riding might be over for me. Also, I have a kid brother who for several years has been dealing with major back issues and in constant pain and numbness. I now know first hand what the poor sou has been suffering with.
  2. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

Hang in there, It'll get better. Happened to me about 6 yrs ago. Joe has scolliosis, different ailment. I get spassims but I have baclofin for that. Pain sucks
  3. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

That sux! Sorry to hear all that FB. What choice do you have, you been doing it all by yourself all these years.

Lets face it...we're all getting older. Things are getting harder to do. Mind sharp, body not so much. Maybe next year hire some help to assist?

I'm lucky, daughters bf has been a great help this last year. Weed whacking,cutting grass,helped cut up a huge down tree. Great help. Better than own son.

Wishing a speedy remedy recovery for you.
  4. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

A good back cracker can help manipulate and get you some relief

Lots of good options for fixing things today, hope you get better..

Drown it in KY bourbon if all else fails!

Hire kids to do the work, sit on the porch and
    say old man shidt like "I used to rake leaves and
    drain the pool at the same time and then carry the
    leaves uphill to the dump on my back"
  5. Fatboy128

Thanks. Chiro doc is helping slow but sure. just worried about the position of the L4. Docs sy not possible to get it back in line. I'm going to have pinched nerves for the rest of life, just we don't how much effect. Joe had rods and screws and herniated discs. Wife has Spinal Stenosis and 5 herniated discs.
  6. hotroadking

Daughter has similar lower back pain, couldn't get up out of chair or bed

Had surgery, pins plates and screws, she can at least get around better
    now...
  7. badinfluence63

Another thought...get one of those back pack leaf blowers and blow all into neighbors yard, lol.
  8. healthfreak

healthfreak New Member

How do you feel now?
  9. Fatboy128

I've had one for almost 20 years now. MRI is in; L4-L5 herniated disc. Pinching right leg nerve. Plus, L3-L4 calcification almost entirely fused. L5 slipped out of place but not bad enough for surgery. Meanwhile, still house bound limping around with a walker. Very painful to sit, stand or lay down.
  10. badinfluence63

Darn FB...i'm truly feeling bad for ya. Frustrating,never mind painful. What are they recommending?
  11. Fatboy128

Wait and see. If starts getting better do nothing, if stays bad wait a little longer, if gets worse, surgery. As of today I'm feeling mildly better.
  12. hotroadking

Rub some of this on your back from the inside....

[​IMG]
    Fatboy128 likes this.