1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.
  1. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

Took a day ride today to the local hd shop. Used my bonus bucks to buy wife good summer jacket and then off to swanzey,nh to pappagallos italian restaurant where the veal is the best. I had the veal marseilla and wife had veal Boscasaila. Tried an old school martini...nasty. Didn't even drink 1/2 of it. Stayed with coke.

Eyeballed the new electraglide standard. Would have enjoyed that bike 30-35 years ago. Good looking basic bike. At this point i'd miss the ammenities like radio,gps etc...

About 120-130 miles on the day.
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

That's nice, it's raining so much I've put outriggers on my bike...
  3. badinfluence63

We had that for to long as well. Aren't you guys getting a storm or something?
  4. hotroadking

It’s hittin Louisiana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Going out for putt today, just about 150 miles round trip. Need some top quality cigars. Later this week, or early next, got a thousand mile run (or more). Seeing a lot of ridiculous high temps on my estimated route - may be doing more dawn t0 noon riding than full saddle days. 107+ can get scary, easy to get loopy real quick.
  6. badinfluence63

Hey RR. 1000 mils in the high heat tough. Your strategy is a good one.

I Just came back from RI. 360 + miles. Thats about 500 miles for the 2 days. Unfortunately back to the grind Tuesday. Wife retiring August 1. Hope to,upscale riding time then.

Leaving in the morning was comfortable cool. Coming home 90 degrees and WTF. Took back roads so took longer to but shaddier as i got closer to home. Left after 8am got home 5:30pm. Pooped from sun heat.
    Red Rider likes this.
  7. Red Rider

90 degrees here is great riding weather, since the humidity is about non-existent. I actually took a day ride with a buddy for a few hours and had a good time (I usually ride alone, probably over 99% of my riding is solo). Of course, we had a couple stops - one for a long cigar break and another for a short beer at Jerry Lees Honky Tonk - 1020 US Hwy 50, Silver Springs, NV, which is the epitome of a "Dive Bar". That was the first time this year I rode with anyone. His bike is a newer EFI Road King, and is quicker than my '99 FLHR - but no match for the Heritage 114. So we took it pretty easy, for the most part.

Got some riding to do, so I'm out...............
  8. hotroadking

9. Red Rider

Yep, that's the joint, but that is the most flattering pic of it. Uneven floors, smoke-covered bras from really large women hanging from the ceiling - probably glad I wasn't there to see 'em hung. Cash only, and fine conversations with the freedom-loving good folks there. Ride there, and if there ain't a bike parked, others will be joining you before too long. Cheap beer on tap, but some better bottled ones (though cold, cheap beer and a shot of Jameson's usually works for me). It opens when the bartender gets there, usually before 11am, and closes when everyone leaves. Cigars welcome. If it had a kitchen, ya might not want to order from it, but it don't so no problem. You can bring in your grub, have it delivered from the local pizza joint, or eat chips. Yeah, an all-around good place!
  10. hotroadking

11. badinfluence63

RR..You sure have accrued a lot cool memories hopping all over the USA seeing liitle known but great destinations. Off the beaten path even. Too bad your not a picture guy. Many of us will never get out like you do.
    Red Rider likes this.
  12. Red Rider

I back in the late '70s and early '80s I was a big photo guy. The main reason I ain't anymore is I found I remember places better if I don't photo 'em, and no photo can ever capture what it is really like being there...wherever there is. I hated peoples' blah reactions to pics that had magnificent memories for me. And the really cool part is when I talk about visits to places that other bikers have visited, we have a real bond that is unattainable with sharing pictures.

I got a proposal, though - I'll ride to all these cool places, or tell everyone about places that I've already been to, and everyone can go there to the places and take pictures and then we can all share the memories, again, that way! Now that is a win-win.

I have some big Western rides coming up, just gotta clear some things off the calendar first. Maybe I will post a pic or so, just to get ya spurred up for a ride to the West. Especially you guys, JB & BI! The road is pretty lonely....... 20171010_105457 (2).jpg .....and the King needs a rider!
    badinfluence63 likes this.
  13. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Red, it is so odd to see the King being lonely like that. Hot Rider and I are still planning on being out there next summer with 2 wheels. We were just talking about it last night in fact. I'm trying to convince Hot Rider to ride her bike out there along with mine but have my girls with in a trail vehicle with a trailer then put them on the back of our bikes when we get to your place. Hot Rider is being stubborn though on riding her bike though.
    Red Rider likes this.
  14. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

Yup..Kodachrome,"Everything looks worse in black and white"

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
  15. badinfluence63

I plan on getting back out west..sooner than later. Wife retiring August 1st.....
    Red Rider likes this.
  16. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

The standard is my cup of tea!
    On my trip to Concord, MA it was so hot I bought a HD mesh jacket somewhere in MA. Nice dealer, offered 10% off to all of us on anything. If I was still in my career I would have traded my beloved Fatboy for an EG
    badinfluence63 likes this.
  17. badinfluence63

The Standard is stripped naked. People are saying they can get twice the sound system for half the price. But still f you chose to dtartvadding things like speakers,stereo etc..that adds up. The Standard is what 18,999?

I do see nice aquatic/XM radios with speakers for 599$. Thats 1/3 the cost of the current HD system.
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  18. hotroadking

True you can build a killer sound system

I'd still say, screw that, get two speakers, an amp
    and a BT receiver, connect your iFone to it and
    stream GPS, Music from files, music from internet iie
    Amazon Music or, just get some good BT head set
    and bt direct from the phone to your helmet...

Put the extra green into your pocket
  19. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

Screw that. Bite the bullet..get an Ultra(air cooled)
  20. hotroadking

I"m wating on the new Road Glide Ultra LImted CVO special super fly model...