1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Daytona Bike Week & GA I 95 Checkpoints

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Crankshaft, Feb 12, 2012.

1. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Chitcago, Ill-annoys? Ha-ha! Yeah, the helmet laws stink where ever they are. And more repressive legislation is on the way if we don't do more to stop it. I'm looking into joining ABATE in our state. Gotta do something! I want the helmet law repealed in our state.
    Have to remember that Jawjaw is in the deep south and I think they are looking to fatten up the state treasury some by picking on the bikers, regardless of what they say. Interesting they would pick a day in bike week to do their checkpoints.
  2. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Yep. Nu yawk does the same for Americade on the nys thruway and I'm sure new humpsure will be doin it fer laconia. That's another reason why stock pipes are back on the scooter. After laconia SE II going back on. "For motorcyclists safety". BS! We ought to claim to be muslims then they couldn't profile us. US AG Holder (oboomas lacky) would sue the states.

Sent From My Damn Droid!
  3. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

I suppose a guy could get to Daytona taking a road less travelled? Be more fun, too, if the cops are only checkpointing on I-95.
  4. Maddog110

Maddog110 Active Member

This is getting way out of hand guys,gee while I've got you here,are you carrying ANYTHING
    I should know about,can I search.Its a fishing trip for the law men,nothing to do with safety.we,the voters can't let this continue.is this still a free country,not as much as it was 25 years ago,and how about 25 years from now?
  5. mitchcole56

mitchcole56 New Member

Yepper. I think 3 of us r gonna head down for a couple of days. Going to head down route 17 - the old coastal hwy and make a leisurely ride of it.
  6. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

man glad your ok dude !
  7. Crankshaft

Crankshaft New Member

February 29 we`re gonna be at the Capitol talking to our legislators...
    We`ve got Washington St. in front of the capitol blocked off for our use...
    JOIN US!!! (9am- 1pm)
    ABATE of GA needs YOU if you live in GA ~ ABATE in your state needs you in all other states... We vote, we need to be heard!!!
    Join the MRO of your choice,
    Dennis
  8. Maddog110

Maddog110 Active Member

Abate of Oregon did this four weeks ago at the Oregon capital 175 bikes strong.come on GA. You can beat us pacific northwest guys.its cold and rainy up here.
  9. Crankshaft

Crankshaft New Member

10. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Go for it & ride safe , pics if you can :)
  11. Crankshaft

Crankshaft New Member

From ABATE GA facebook events page...
    Everyone welcome to attend!!!

Biker Day is February 29th at the State Capital, All riders should join us inside the State house if you can make it so those elected official will know you are there and you vote. Why not schedule a meeting with your state Rep or State Senator while down that morning.

For people who wish to get downtown via MARTA, the closest stops are Georgia State and 5 points, the Georgia State Station has steps that lead to the capital, more info in the link below
    MARTA to the Georgia Capitol MARTA Guide

First Meetup Announced!
    District 4 East will be meeting at the Quik Trip at Winters Chapel Rd and Peachtree Industrial Blvd, KSU at 8:00am for a ride down to the capital

Second Meetup!
    District 9-2 Ride will be leaving LaGrange from the Waffle House on Interstate 185 and Hwy 27(address below)
    Waffle House
    4560 Hamilton Road
    LaGrange, GA 30240
    KSU at 7:30 AM

Third meetup!
    District 13 will meet at the Ellaville,Ga Chevron(258 South Broad Street)
    KSU at 6 am
  12. Crankshaft

Crankshaft New Member

Bikers day at the GA Capitol is in the History books of ABATE now...
    We had a resolution read in both the house and senate...
    I wish I were more computer saavy but...
    Here`s the link with some pics and info Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More
    Thanks fer y`alls help speading the word and the support...
    We may now return to Daytona Bike Week 2012,
    Dennis
    Friends passing through from the north might I suggest US 17 Scenic route insteadda being harrassed on I-95...I`m taking US19 or US41 ...
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  13. Crankshaft

Crankshaft New Member

ABATE of Georgia needs your input and assistance in tracking the Motorcycle Only Safety Checkpoints and the Rolling Random "safety" stops known as B.E.A.S.T. We expect that The Georgia State Patrol may set up at a DOT truck weigh station north of Macon on I-75 and perhaps on I-85 north of LaGrange. If you see a LARGE portable message board near either of these locations or even further south near a DOT weigh station or Rest Area contact us at 770-881-7438 and leave a message or e-mail secretary@abatega.org. Alternatively, text messages can be sent to (404) 981-5612, please include the location and time you encountered a stop. These are normally set out a day or two before the stops begin. If you have the opportunity record through pictures or video what is happening. You can forward this information to the e-mail above.We hope you have a safe and enjoyable ride. Thank youABATE of Georgia

This is the latest I`ve received,
    Dennis