1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Daytona Twin Tech TC88A info and confirmation of issues please

Discussion in 'EFI Maps and Tuners' started by NeilP, Dec 8, 2019.

1. NeilP

NeilP Active Member

Is there any one here that is knowledgable on the use of and difference between settings and the software that goes with the Daytona Twin Tech TC88A ignition?

I have a question that has come up after an upgrade on my bike, headwork and 1275 cc Hammer barrel and piston kit, followed by Dyno tonging and adjusting the dials on the TC88A

The guy that did the build, a really nice chap, so I don't want to insult him by directly telling him he has got it wrong, (if he has) , but I am sure he has some wrong assumptions about how the TC88A works in relation to EEPROM or default FLASH table, switching between the two and how the software achieves the switch.

I will not go in to more detail now, wasting all your time reading the detail , unless some one replies that knows how to operate the PC-Link software that interfaces with the TC88A.

I have attached the table file as I downloaded from the bike the day I got back to my home

Attached Files:

2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

3. NeilP

NeilP Active Member

Thanks,
    Yes I have browsed the site, got the manuals etc , even had a chat with their support, but they tend to answer what they think you have asked, rather than a straight answer to the exact question. If only the were able to answer a straight question with a ‘yes’ ‘no’. Or ‘sorry I don’t know’.
    hence this post
    I have situation with settings on my bike, done by a nice chap, but I have feeling he does not understand the software properly
  4. NeilP

NeilP Active Member

OK, so the question is.

Can you change from FLASH Advace Table ( the default tables) to EEPROM (Custom ) Advance table and back again , WITHOUT doing a /Download, change setting / Upload.