1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Dealer Wouldn't do it.

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by cardboard, Feb 17, 2011.

1. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

I like that Dunlops are such a sturdy tire, you can actually still ride slowly when it's flat. I saw a nail sticking out of the back tire of my Dyna once, and made the mistake of pulling it out. This was before I had the tire repair kit, so I had no choice but to try to make it home.

I had about 20 miles to go, so I proceeded down the shoulder of the highway at about 30 mph, thinking I would stop if the tire started to shred. It felt a little squirly, but darn if it didn't hold up OK to get me all the way home. I was impressed. I probably should stick with using them just for that reason.

Attached Files: