1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Dear City Slickers

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

I remember that trip down there. I've looked a little for pictures of the spats that Bill bought. I wonder if he's still riding. I wear Gore tex boots and Harley rain pants [if it's warm] not often it's warm when it rains here so it's the firstgear rain pants and rain jacket got a new Killimanjaro gonna give that a try
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I wondered about them guys to, not bad guys but just a bit green back then. What's become of SK?

The Killimanjaro should be pretty good and warm and Gore Tex is always good. I just bought me a new HD leather coat that has the built in sweat shirt/hood in it. Very warm and the hoody keeps the neck warm on cold days. The hoody won't work in a rain storm though. Riding to Reno at the end of this month for 5 days and it gets cold up there at times.
    My old jacket was just to big felt like I was swimming in it after loosing some weight.
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

was sk the guy that raced bikes?????
  4. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

No, he has a Royal Star and a Yamaha Spout Touring bike. Lives in Vegas and works as a Nurse. Super guy and good rider.
  5. chucktx

i think i remember him.....white bike.
  6. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

Goose was the racer from Port Lavaca......practically in your back yard. SK had a silver FJR and a blue and white royal Star....haven't heard from either one for a while..both of 'em pretty handy on riding had some good tripswith 'em. 12 tears since Laughlin and the Spat brigade......:)
  7. chucktx

thanks sleepy...........