1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Death Wobble

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by cardboard, May 19, 2011.

1. Tommyc

Tommyc Active Member

Oh, sorry, I thought you didn't try that and went and bought the brace anyway.
    I am hanging my head in shame and walking around in a bubble of confusion and despair. Can you ever find it in your giant loving heart to forgive me for my sin?
  2. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

No. :devil:

:roflmao:
    :cheers:
  3. Tommyc

Tommyc Active Member

Ouch that hurts! You Devil you!
  4. fxdxriderleo

fxdxriderleo Active Member

On those SUV's flipping over, I remember reading it was old tires. They might have been just a few miles on them but some were 8 to 10 years old. They did a lot of research and found at tire dealers all across the USA had tires on the racks and selling them as new up to 14 years old.
    All brands, not just Firestones.
    The tire manufacturers reccomend that you don't run tires over 6 years old. Belts seperate, tread comes off.
    It's easy to figure out the tires age. the DOT number has the last 3 or 4 digits in an oval. The digits tell the week and year of manufacture. If oval has three digits the first two are the week, the last the year. I had some on my 81 that read 275 and 405. These are the 27th and 40th week of 1995. In 2000 they went to 4 digits. the first are the week the secon two are the year. The new tire i out on are 1310 and 1610. as in 13th and 16th week of 2010.
    So if any of your tires are 3 digits get new ones. And read the tire before mounting to be sure they are new.
    If you just have to use those old/new tires use them on a hay wagon or some other farm equipment. they won't go fast enough to hurt much, just have to replace the tire when it fails.
    Leo