1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Decisions, Decisions

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Feb 20, 2013.

1. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Laverne and Shooorley
  2. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

I guess I did get it.
  3. Sir Rat

Sir Rat Active Member

Sturgis??? Milwaukee??? You guys don't know how lucky you are! Do em all.

Aloha.....Mike
  4. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Huh ?
  5. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

+1 on everything that you said. Hot Rider and I are thinking about leaving on the 4th as a I get a free day off from work for the holiday. I figure 2-3 days riding out there (taking our time), then should arrive on or just after my birthday. :D
  6. Fatboy128

HRK's post a few back where he mentions some Milwaukee brews and then "Hoppenetuff Incorporated"
    The old sitcom Laverne and Shirley (spin-off from Happy Days) was based in Milwaukee. They used to sing "Sclameel, schamiesel, hopenstuff inc." or something like that. Thats why I posted the photos.
    Sorry for the hi jack :D
  7. FLHTbiker

No problem I just didn't put that together. Man been awhile on that old TV show. Thanks :)
  8. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Yep. Dats the fact jack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. Maddog110

Maddog110 Active Member

ONE thing we know is it will be a zoo.ive been told you cant ride in town (to many bikes) so once your their its bus time.The 110 will be so much more crowded than sturgis ever was.thats a lot of people.sounds like sturgis this year.old friend Don C. said the 105th was a mess 45 min to go one block,my cluch hand aint what it use to be,and its hyd.looks like sturgis
  10. FLHTbiker

Well its going to be Sturgis. Maddog is back and we talked it over. I think we all agree that Sturgis would be better. The riding getting there and back has got to be some of the best riding I've ever done. Now we need to decide motel or camping, I'm for motels myself as this old body don't do well anymore laying on the ground.
  11. Fatboy128

Good choice! Now go to the Full Throttle and get crazy so I can see ya on the tv show!
    I can't sleep on the ground anymore period! I tried air and all those foam/air pads just can't do it. Need a crane to get off the ground after a night on it.
  12. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

Family Inn
    605-342-2892
    3737 Strugis Rd,
    Rapid City, 57702

Family owned northwest edge of Rapid City
    Older place but clean, safe close to every thing.
    one bed $140.00 + 2 beds $160.00 +..

hope I see you while you're there
  13. FLHTbiker

Yea lets move to this site Fatboy that going west is the johmmy boys and I unsubscribed from it. You really do need to got to Sturgis. Will be much more fun than the over crowded 110th.

HarleyLR, thanks for the info on the rooms. I booked a room for 3 at the Family Inn from 7-29 to 8-1 leaving 8-2. This will put us there one week before the rally and better riding around Sturgis during this time. Got the room for 110 a night and it has a suite with an extra room. So 3 beds.:D
  14. Maddog110

Maddog110 Active Member

Thanks for doing the leg work,IAM in,hope the third room is better than the one in Missouri.
    No air,housing project for sec.8 .that was a hoot.Looking forward to making this trip.
  15. FLHTbiker

That bad room was in Colorado after we split off from HarleyLR. But I do remember that well, I never seen a more pissed off Harley rider when his AC wouldn't work. Vern and I had a good laugh over that night. Was awful hot that night though and I got up a few times checking on the bikes because of those section 8 dudes. :roflmao: Good times :)
  16. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

Well it an't fancy but the AC worked the last time I was there, and you park right out side your door.
    We will be coming in on the 2nd probably mid afternoon, you will probably be gone by then, if my son cancels I'll try and get the ol and my other buddy to go up a day early.
    Back toward down town is a family diner that is a good place to eat, Milstone Resturant, friendly and resonably.
  17. FLHTbiker

Wasn't sure what days you were going to be there was hoping to see you. Thanks for the heads up on the restaurant. :)