1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Demo Days again

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by cardboard, Nov 20, 2010.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Talked with the dudes from the HD demo. They said the 1st thing you got to do is git rid of the cats. Its in the header pipe.
    The bike is super stopped up.
    They said it was Al and the EPA that had it that way..
    I know if you git the 09 header pipes as I was saying. It comes with the larger bung holes and the holes are in the correct place.
    Now you can add a Thundermax with A/Tand just the Thundermax will give the bike more power.
    Now yer setup to do any changes to the bike you want. No dyno time.
    The Thundermax will cover everything.

The Thundermax I had on my last bike had 38,000 on it. I took it off and sold it to another dude 2 1/2 yrs ago and its still going.
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for the info, I'll keep it in mind.
  3. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

FYI the 10 and up do not have same 02 sensors or locations.

The 10 and up use smaller sensors located way down the headers by
    the transmission.

09 headers use the larger sensors up by the exhaust ports.
  4. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

You are correct and I noticed that when I looked at the 2011 limited
  5. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Well aware of that. But if you have a 10 or 11 and want to use the Thundermax to keep from having yer bike dynoed. You can git the 09 pipes and it has the larger sensors and the sensors are in the correct place to git true readings for Wide Band 02 Sensors.
    He I think moved their sensors in the newer bikes so you couldn't use wide band sensors and you wil comein and buy the SERT and have it dynoed so they can make more money.

I've had the sert and spent time at the dealership several times having the bike dynoed. Not goin that route again.
    And I've had the Thundermax A/T and it was a super unit.
    And I have the PCV A/T now and it ain't a Thundermax.
    Just like the reason they came out with the new frame which will not turn as sharp and is 50lbs heaver, is cause they can stick their ABS unit next to the battery where they widened the frame.
    HD wants to totally cut the aftermarket out.
    Talked with a MMI graduate that spend 2 yrs with HD in performance in Wisonson and works with at a HD dealership about the new 11 not having the bronze bushing in the top of the connectins rods. What do you think abou it.
    He said if we have any problems, we will just replace the flywheel.
    We don't care what it has.
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  6. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

PC 5 maybe, but not the PC Vision it hasn't been released to the public yet
    Tmax is good stuff but it's not dyno proof.

New frame was needed, old frame was 20+ year old design and the wobbles, along with vibration, and new technology allows them to make a frame in under 1/3 the time with 1/10 the welds, stronger, better, and it allows them
    to build bikes or trikes with the same front frame. Frame wasn't designed to put ABS somewhere... And I have a few guys that will show you
    how well the 10's turn. 09 had problems as HD changed the fork stops, 10 and up were fixed due to LEO complaints about turning radius, which is an 09 problem only.

Probably better for HD, just as much work to get to the flywheels either
    way, and less down time, just pop in new flywheels...