1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Demo Days

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Jul 12, 2008.

1. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

Um hellooooo..........

<~~~~~~ look at the avatar

:wtf: Some of us ARE riding 80 inch evo's & liking it by the way
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

and some nice looking ones i might add.....................:)
  3. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

I wasn't taking a shot at Evos, nothing wrong with them.

Just saying that without competition HD wouldn't have an incentive to upgrade jack, and we probalby would see the same ol same each year maybe with a few minor changes.

Look at the the money they put into redsigning the new FL frame.

Stiffer, stronger, able to increase the bike load by 70 pounds, changed rake for better high speed stability, less flex, better handling bike, and a fat 180 in the back.

Competition made them up the ante....
  4. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Goodenough reason for you to trade.
    Me I will keep my 08, it runs great. And who knows how much more I owe on it.
    And if you've seen how much weigh Chucktx has towed behind his 06 with his trailer you wouldn't worry about it towing 70 more lbs.

I'm supprised he ain't pulled the frame apart. He goes and gits steel and tow's it home on his trailer too for his shop.
  5. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

I think the 70 pounds is carry capacity ie frame capability not towing.

JMO the 09's have a nicer ride, suspension is stiffer, very little if any wobble, took on on a very curvy road, hairpins, some with speed some without, but it sure held the road better, no butt puckering wobblaitions.