1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

diverse group

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by usahellas, Sep 20, 2004.

1. usahellas

usahellas New Member

I had a really nice short 200 mile ride over the weekend. Coldtoe you would have enjoyed this one. 2 sportsters, 2 softails and 2 crotch rockets out and about on the German back roads. We did not ride where we inteded to at least not at first and spent most of the day being lost. The only thing we did know at one point and time is that we were somewhere between Kaiserlautern and Bad Kreuznach but that was it. I had to laugh everytime I came up to an intersection and the one guy on a crotchrocket was waiting on us with his hands up in the air like "Which way guys". :)

We wound up finding a middle size village that had a pizza palor open and sat there for an hour or so then we decided we had better try to find our way home. We found our way back to the Rhein River and then took a Ferry over the Rhein at Ruedesheim which is a very beautiful and old city. It is directly on the Rhein River and behind the city is nothign but Vineyards.

That was my very first time riding in a group with Harley's and Crotchrockets. THat was really fun. We laughed more that day than I can remember.

Yep what a ride. :cool:
  2. coldtoe

coldtoe New Member

Those can be the best rides of all

Memories of rides like that are some of my favorites. Planned rides with a set destination are okay, but the best are the totally freelance rides. Having some friends along and like the old Chuck Berry song says.. "No particular place to go". Last year I was out with my brother and due to road construction, we got lost. Ended up in a small town talking with an old gentleman who was retired from the army and from the sheriff's dept. He spends his days riding or getting ready for his next one ( now that's retirement!). He took us to a small cafe where we had a really good meal and conversation.. I can't recall the name of the town, or the old fella...but I recall enjoying ourselves a great deal. All by accident. That is one of many reasons for my little quote... ride long, ride free. Unbound by time or destination limits.........
  3. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

Great Fun

I went on a diverse group ride one time this summer.....I had the E-Glide Standard, my neighbor had the CBR 900, Co-Workers fiance had a Suzuki 500 not quite a sport bike but not really a street bike, and her dad drove a Suzuki 125cc street bike! What a crew :D but the ride was nice, weather held, and fun was had!:cool:
  4. usahellas

usahellas New Member

how could I forget

:rolleyes: I forgot one of the most important things of the ride. This was the detour ride!!! I have never seen so many detour signs in my life. Every freeking small town seemed to have been working on their streets or at least what was left of some of them. :confused: That is one of the reasons we got so far off course from the start.

The only reason we knew where we were the one time is because we stopped and asked an "OLD" farmer who just happend to be sweeping the sidewalk. :cool: what a cool ride. If you ever get a chance to do something like this all I can say is crotch rockets and Harleys do go together.
  5. coldtoe

coldtoe New Member

neglected to mention...

I neglected to mention that on that ride was my 03 FXD, a Rebel 250, a V Star (the old timer's) and I don't know what the heck that other guy was on. :confused: ... The amusing part was the Rebel 250 was being riden by a guy 5'10 and about 210 lbs.... :eek:
  6. usahellas

usahellas New Member

That was Giovanni

Unbelievable!!!!! Almos the same ride I took last year. A buddy of mine Giovanni, he is about 6,2 and I would guess his weight to be at least 220lbs or so. He is not fat just a BIG BOY!!!! Well anyway I was on my Sporty, a friend of his was on a Yamaha whatever(HD - Copy) and yes, Giovanni was on the Honda Rebel. Going up hill I think I could have pushed faster, but going down hills he was unbeatable. I laughed until I cried on that ride.
  7. coldtoe

coldtoe New Member

if they knew how they looked....

Believe it or not, the dude on the 250 was my brother, who is 4 years older than me.Last year we rode 579 miles straight through from Phenix City Alabama to Louisville, Ky. How he managed to walk after that, I have no idea, but he swore he felt fine. That thing has the factory "pillow on a fence rail" seat...it would have butchered my backside!
  8. usahellas

usahellas New Member

just met Giovanni

I had to laugh. I just met Giovanni. He and I went over your post and my post. He found it rather funny himself. I hope to one day ride with you and your brother. I am sure we can get a good laugh.
  9. coldtoe

coldtoe New Member

It'd be nice

It'd be nice. Lots to see around here. Warm Springs. Little White House, Andersonville, Westville, The new POW Museum. Not to mention some good roads.... Listen.... I can hear them calling now......
  10. usahellas

usahellas New Member

have seen alot

Warm springs and littel White house are WONDERFUL. I would love to see them again. POW Museum, I am there. Love too. Just help me talk the wife to moving back and I am there!!!! Something for the whole family. Little White House and Warm Springs is even worth riding there in a cage.

:D

Hey Coldtoe, you ever been to Dadeville, Alexander City or the Lake Martin area? If not then I can offer you that. Really nice that is wehre I grew up, plus I can show you the first machine installed at Russel Mills. There is a small museum first machin installed by Mr. Benjamin Russell and Mr. William David Lane the Lane guy is my Grand father.

:eek:
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2004
  11. coldtoe

coldtoe New Member

I've been through those places, but it was several years ago and I was just passing through on my way to Birmingham. Sounds like it would be a really interesting ride. We're going to have to have a serious heart to heart talk with your bride about this..... It may save both of our sanity. Mary is about to have a cow wanting you to come home. :eek: She is making me miss you, and we've haven't even met yet! :D