1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Does anyone actually LIKE this?????

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Goose, Jun 29, 2004.

1. Goose

Goose New Member

[​IMG]

http://www.motorbyte.com/mmm/pages/2004/65/feature65_2.htm
    http://www.cyclevisions.com/customer-rods2.html

Now, I never really cared a whole lot for the Road Glide. I mean, it's a sensable bike, enough, I guess. I do prefer a frame mounted fairing, but it could actually be eye appealing. It's not that bad, though, and I could see why someone would want it's Vetter like fairing as opposed to a fork mounted one.

BUT, this here just looks down right STUPID to me! It's an add on look, doesn't look as if it goes together. It SUX, LOL! I'm quite sure it goes well, however, no need for big bore kits or what not, though I'm sure they're available. For some, too much is never enough. :rolleyes:

Wonder if they kept the Buick Electra dash panel?
  2. MODCOBRA

MODCOBRA New Member

I think it is going to have to grow on me a little!!!! But.....I think the V motor is going to appear (soon) in more models. Maybe that is the direction we are heading. I hope so.

Ben
  3. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

I saw one in daytona it's a bolt on kit actually looked good in person a little better than the picture,

I think you'll see a vrod bagger soon, with the EPA following CARB's lead the air cooled motors on the way out by 2008 or earlier.
  4. Goose

Goose New Member

Yeah, I've known other bikes like that, butt ugly in the Zines and then see one in person and it ain't bad. The Kaw Z1000 is like that. It's that weird "street fighter" styled thing that came out recently, 150 crank HP with lots of flat torque. I rode one. I could get addicted to the throttle. But, I still don't like the 4 into two into 4 pipes on that thing. Sorta Buck Rodgers. I'd have to stick a Muzzy pipe on it.

This thing here, Road King/VRod, well, it'd better look better in person, cause there's no way to improve it otherwise, LOL!

I hope you're wrong about air coolers dying, but I suspect you're right. Two strokes were a passion for me 20 years ago and I watched them die. Harleys aren't the only air cooled bikes that would suffer, either. The BMW R series comes to mind. That bike is almost the icon that the Hog is, been around since the 20s in one form or another, the old Boxer. They have modernized well. I wouldn't really wanna see one with a radiator and water jacket, though, I guess it wouldn't look much different from my old Wing with two cylinders lopped off, LOL.
  5. Goose

Goose New Member

Here's a Honda that just about made me chuck my lunch. :eek: My GOD, wasn't the Prune bad enough????? :D Sorry if you're a Prune, er, Rune owner, but I just can't take that trailing link front end. It's all personal taste, though, and maybe you like it. Not me. :rolleyes:

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/30june04_cruiserconcept.htm
  6. CD

CD Guest

Batcycle? New 007 ride?

Somehow the Batman theme song was playing when I looke at this.

Neat rear axle idea though.

Them cannisters look like rocket launchers.
  7. SK

SK New Member

Honda sure likes the cartoon look. For power cruisers that handle..the Yamaha Warrior is much sleeker and simpler looking.