1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Dogs

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by chucktx, Dec 16, 2010.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

:roflmao: Our cat is 18 pounds and talk about spoiled :)

Attached Files:

2. big_jake57

big_jake57 Active Member

HAHA,,, I see them! Cat don't look too scary in that pic.
    I've seen some mean ones though.
  3. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

We got "Radar" from the pound when he was 2. He's 5 now. They were gonna euthanize him. Radar's a red heeler, Austrailian cattle dog, about 50 lbs. He has a sweet disposition and likes to herd us around! His former owners, we suspect, mistreated him, 'cause he'd flinch every time we tried to pet him. It took a while, but he's gotten better in that regard. We keep him inside and I take him on walks and sometimes to the school baseball field and let him run. Man, that dog can fly!
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
  4. BluePearl

BluePearl New Member

IMG_3331.jpg

Wife's x-mas present 2 years ago -is a spoiled only child now!!
  5. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Thats what what makes dogs so cool - my 100 lb. German Sheperd is spoiled rotten - loves to chase cats but ain't fiqiured out what to do with them after he catches up with them. Very protective of the kids around the neighborhood - I wouldn't want to be a bad guy trying to mess with the kids with him out and around.
    Funny he seems to know when I'm not feeling good cause he's always right beside me until I get up and move around. Wonder if I could loan him to cardboards wife when she gets out the Honey DO jar. :roflmao:
  6. joshbob

Mac the Wife likes cats. When she worked at the local veterinarian hospital she brought home "Mango", an orange calico. I call him Mango the Mangler. He's brought into the house mice, birds, rats, a black snake and a bat. He don't leave much left, either. Usually just the heads. One day a mockingbird was tormenting him in the yard. He just leaped in the air and caught that sucker and ate it in front of his buddies. They don't bother Mango anymore!
  7. FLHTbiker

Our cats bring in all kinds of critters, including garden snakes (wife really hates that) but she brings them in and turns em loose. Then its fun :rolleyes: trying to catch em. Snake one time went down the heat register and the wife was downstairs working on her quilt table when it came out the heat register in the ceiling and landed on her table. Yea she started screaming :D
    Our other cat even chases the squirrels up the trees :rolleyes:
    Told the wife we need a dog and she said no its bad enough with the two cats we have.
  8. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

Cats are cool too. We don't have one at the moment but I do like cats, had one for 10 years then she just disappeared one night, think coyote got her or owl. Scooter had been on the Alaskan highway trip with me in Janurary of 99 and flew back home in a cat carrier, she hated that thing after that. Pets they are all cool.
  9. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

hehehehehe........i posted the pic as a joke........and it turned into an animal lovers thread.........now how cool was that???????
  10. FLHTbiker

Give us all something to either complain about or talk about and you can get a lot of mileage out of a post. :D
  11. joshbob

Yes indeed, and now I spend hours instead of minutes online!
  12. amf4399

amf4399 Active Member

Being married for 20 years I now understand why a dog is mans best friend.
  13. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

14. joshbob

"Willow" is our other dog, a border collie/ blue heeler mix. When Mac the Wife brought her home as a little puppy about 11 years ago, I wasn't too thrilled. I said, Why you bringin' home a dog that has the potential to be smarter than both of us put together? Turned out to be true, too! 2 dogs, 2 cats & 3 people = a full house. Tough hand to beat.